Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put a trailer break in my 96 dodge and it doesnt work when im pulling my camper i adjusted it and nothing i was told i had to tap into my break wire underneither the dash so i did that and it only works a very little bit when i reach down and slide it myself does anyone have a any idea

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Probably the first thing to check would be to make sure you're getting the brake power at the back of the truck in the connector. From there just start checking to make sure you have power to the brakes where it's supposed to be. Check the brakes on the trailer, are they worn down enough that they just aren't working?

Just come up with a plan and start troubleshooting through the system.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey your brake controller didn't come with just a plug on the end? I have a 97 dodge 2500 and when I got mine I just plugged it into the conector under the dash and no problems. Factory should have put the plug in under your dash also

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Firecatrider10 said:
Hey your brake controller didn't come with just a plug on the end? I have a 97 dodge 2500 and when I got mine I just plugged it into the conector under the dash and no problems. Factory should have put the plug in under your dash also
yes there was an adapter that goes from the trailer break to the plug in under neith the dash i have all that and hookes up

and no i had my bother hook up to it and the trailer breaks work fine he took his to a garage and cost him 300 to hook it up though and i know id just something little but cant find it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts