Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some fun loading my sled onto my new RnR drive on/off trailer. I will have to re-coat my sister's driveway (where I was storing the machine) because the studs took some chunks out and peppered her house.

I found out that when I tried to put my sled up the ramp, the carbides dug in and ripped up the driveway. I put the dolly's back under the ski's and secured them with steel strapping, and then was able to bring the machine up.

Does it help to get plastic slides on the ramp (I have them on the trailer)? Any other easy ideas?

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
yes it helps to get plastic slides in the ramp it will drive right up with them

·
Registered
33 Posts
A little trick If you don't want to spend money on slides. I went to a junk yard and the guy gave me an old slip in pickup bedliner. I just cut it up and made my own slides and it didn't cost a penny. The bed liner has deep enough ridges so the carbides ride in the grove without touching. makes handling the sled much eaiser. You can also cut some and screw them down for the track to grab when driving on. Works real well.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I did the boxliner thing aswell worked great ! Same thing the guy at the scrap yard just let me cut one up for free!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have done this as well for an old single place I had. It works great. I am currently redecking a two place open trailer and was looking to this again so I went to the to the local bone yard and the guy wanted $40.00 each! Still a deal but WTF??? I did not buy them as I ran into a friend of mine who ahad a set of slides he said he would give me![:D]

·
Registered
351 Posts
I would put the slides on they make it so much easier to load. My buddies trailer doesnt have them and after a day of riding one of my skags got messed up. W/O the slides I kept catching the bars with the one bad skag ended up having to lift it up on the trailer kinda beats the purpose of a drive on drive off!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good idea!!! I ended up putting slides and a traction mat on anyway, but I like the idea of using something cheap and local!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts