Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the original tires that came with my trailer. Not sure of the size, however they are very narrow in width.

I need new ones and I see that there are wider ones available (almost double the width)

Any suggestions? They are almost double the price also.

Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
I changed to radial car tires. It pulls nicer on the highway and tracks better. Smoother ride on the washboard roads also. I picked up a set of used tires at the tire shop for real cheap.

D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 20.5 x x8 x 10's on my snowmoblie trailer and there great. That size is common for a lot of trailers. I replaced mine for 44.00 each (8 ply). You can get 6 ply for 37.00 and that will work w/ a 2 sled trailer. I got the 8 ply because I haul wood in my trailer during the off season and they are rated for approx 1500lbs/tire. The 6's are rated for approx. 1100lbs/tire. I feel it's worth the money for the extra whether your hauling wood or a sled. You can get rims for about 25.00/rim new. For the $125.00 - $150.00 you cant go wrong. You will barely notice the trailer back there when you go to the wide ones. Good luck. Snownut

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I run the same tires as Snownut on my trailer and they work great, I have hauled a lot more than sleds on it and they seem to wear pretty good. I picked up a spare here for like $84 on the rim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts