Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 place trailer. Up until this year I have not had any trouble with getting my selds off the trailer. But I bought a new Switchback with a 144" track and all the track does is spin on the trailer because there is not enough weight on the track.

Any suggestions on what to put on the deck of the trailer besides old track?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Take treated 1x's and place them in the track area of the trailer. the lugs will grab on them and help out with traction. Be sure to use stainless or galv screws. Its also nice to have those plastic slides for the skis.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have also seen paddle grabbers in mags. Same concept just manufactured plastic instead of wood.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Originally posted by saberstang
[br]Take treated 1x's and place them in the track area of the trailer. the lugs will grab on them and help out with traction. Be sure to use stainless or galv screws. Its also nice to have those plastic slides for the skis.
ya thats what we did to our trailer, and it was cheap too

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Maybe little hex-head sheet metal screws in the area the track goes would help. Maybe 3 lines of them about 4 inches apart. Just a thought. That way it wouldn't be anything to trip on like 1x boards.

Warning: The person making the above statement has no prior experience with the problem at hand or the methods suggested. Ha ha.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well, something I might try is getting an old track and putting it down on there, or possibly even getting a bunch of cleats, dont know what they would do to your track, but in theroy they shouold work. Oh, use of deck screws might work so secure those or galvanized screws.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
We have an old track that we cut and bolted to the trailor.. works like a charm.!

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Dudes! I don't know how much clearer he could have been.

Originally posted by RMK550
[br]Any suggestions on what to put on the deck of the trailer besides old track?

·
Registered
67 Posts
The paddle grabbers work really well, but they can get expensive for a four sled trailer. They work awesome though becaues they give yya good traction and keep the track off the trailer floor so it wont freeze to the bed. With them being lifted like they are they wont let water sit in between a mat and trailer floor either, so less chance of things rotting. As for cheap the track and the treated lumber sound like great ideas. Make sure you screw the boards on pretty good if you are gonna put them on a ramp up into the trailer, my friend did not and he ended up sipping them right off the deck.

·
Registered
644 Posts
hey i am no expert but on some of the late 90s early 00s there were rubber mats sorta like a slinky effect on the north trails

1 - 11 of 11 Posts