Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking at trailers the past few weeks. just wanted to get some opinions on this. i have to buy 1 this week.to haul my sleds to get worked on.sold my old one. which company puts out a better trialer. sled bed . or triton. just a basic aluminum 8 and a half by 10 they are priced very equal seems that triton has a better decking warranty, just curious which company some of u prefer. thank you

L
A
R
S

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I have a covered triton trailer. I've had it 3 years with no particular problems. A freind of mine bought a different covered trailer and the thing we bothed noticed was that the triton has a stiffer chassis. The triton is a wishbone frame while the cheaper trailer has a single tongue. the only thing I do not like about it is the smaller trailer tires. I am used to towing boats with larger tires on the trailer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just bought a new North Country trailer for $695. It probably isn't a top of the line brand, but I figured a brand new trailer for that price will get the job done.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a Floe. IMO is the best out there. I looked at at least 7 brands of aluminum. Floe's tie down set up and features really stand out. They are in the higher pricing but still from cheapest to most was less than 300.

Check them out at www.floeintl.com

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have to agree with napadave floe has a good setup besides who would spend 7000,00 to 10000,00 dollars per sled then haul them around on somthing mickey mouse after all you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I borrowed a 4-place Triton alum. trailer from my dealer last season, put 2000 miles on it in 10 days. It pulled great behind the truck, had one flat tire on 45 miles of road construction(gravel). Anyone who has drove the Alaskan Highway from Tok to Whitehorse, Yukon can attest on how crappy it is. Drove to Whitehorse and back with a couple other 300 mile round trips and the one flat tire was all the problems I had. I would recomend the brand to anyone, I haven't pulled a Floe though...

·
Registered
76 Posts
IMO, a enclosed trailer for serious trailering is the only way to go. Yeah, the cost difference is substantial. This is overcome quickly with time spent cleaning/packing/etc... I trailer around 3 hours one way and what a difference. I can throw all my gear/supplies/etc.. in the rear and no worries on the weather/space. I get to my destination and the sleds are not frost bitten/salt & sand sprayed/difficult to start. It makes the entire experience enjoyable and not such a task. IT IS WORTH THE EXTRA COST, NO DOUBT!

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you have a place to store and the money to buy I agree with the enclosed trailer. My floe has the V front that tilts down to drive off and also is the snow/slop shield that works very good. This is not a tilt trailer (didn't want, to many problems in the past) it is a ramp and Floe's ramps are super easy to use. I can unload or load both sleds faster than most do one.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i bought a aluma ltd trailer last fall, he had sled beds there too and comparing the 2 the aluma ltd was much better quality, im extremley happy with my setup, i just wish i would have bought the 3 place instead of 2.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Well...back to the Lars question...

I've had a sled-bed since '98 (8.5x10, ski-rails, & salt shield). No problems and I would not, not recommend against anyone getting one. The decking is still in good shape, although I added those ski rails, so I reckon that helps prolong the deck. Also, as one menioned, the wish-bone toungue is very nice. That would be a difference maker if one had it, and the other didn't.

·
Registered
352 Posts
persanally i dont have one...but my friends use a car trailer....they are use to hauling 4-5 sleds at a time....i was thinking about picking up a CHEEP trailer just to get my Exciter and my bros Formula MX around. both wont fit in the back of my pickup at the same time :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've read of the Sled Bed trailers having some structural issues at the axle mounting point. Heard of bad and/or broken welds, and corrosion/rotting at the axle to frame connection.

I heard a lot of good about both Triton and Floe when I was doing trailer research. Floe got the most recommendations from the places that I asked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts