Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on keeping the covers from flapping when trailering? Last years 8 hour trailer ride did some nice damage when the cover rubbed the paint off the sides.

I tried bungee cords and this did not help.

Thanks,

CD[V]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
You could try looking for one of those soft dust covers. They're a very soft cotton material that shouldn't rub off any paint. Then just put your normal cover on over that one. You can find them in most any aftermarket catalogue like Denis Kirk or Hi-Performance.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried using linen, but the blanket soaked up salt water (cover was not 100% water proof), then froze to the hoods.

I spent an hour trying to pry it off.

CD

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
LOL... Maybe its time for a new cover... Canadian tire has covers for like 45$. Then just cover the hood in a blanket.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Buy a cover that fits tight and doesn't blow around at all. Covers are usually made for the high windsheilds put on all machines, my cover fits fine over my sled and doesn't blow around at all.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nothing bothers me more when I see sleds on the back of a trailer uncovered and without a saltshield. Those poor sleds!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I used contractor black trash bags under the cover on the hood, when I trailed with a opened trailer with a salt shied. I have worked my way up to a enclosed trail.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I.T.
Royal Distributing up the road in Barrie has the soft under covers for around $28.

Yeah the enclosed 4-5 bed trailer is on my dream list. It's probably going to take a lucky lottery ticket for that dream to come true. LOL

Jeff

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Buy the proper cover for your machine. I've found sleds with the cover that is designed for that particular machine, doesn't flap.

That could just be my own personal expreience tho.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I'm with Pman, my factory Polaris cover fits tight as a fiddle string and is hard to get on, but it doesn't flap at all.
BTW: Just got a flier from Princess Auto, not sure where they have locations in Canada, but starting Tuesday they have polyester sled covers for $18.88. It says they are water repellant and UV resistant for 109" to 114" sleds. Also says good for trailering but I wouldn't bet on it for only $18.88.
I am picking one up just to pack back in the bush for our overnite trip this January, can't take my good canvas Polaris cover, too bulky.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts