Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into a 2-place aluminum enclosed trailer. All the manufactures give only the weight of the trailer. Can someone tell me what the total weight is of the trailer and the enclosed top is?
Any brand name will do , just want to get an idea to what they weigh and if my Ford Ranger can pull one, i don''t have to pull far , so maybe i can get by.

2003 XC 600
" Ride The Best "

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
2 place enclosed with 2 sleds I would say a Ranger with a V6 and maybe a towing package could haul that, especially not over a great distance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of the time i will be only hauling one sled ( mine ) , all my friends have their own trailers. My old trailer weighed 760 pounds, without a sled on, when i did have a sled on it wasn't too bad but with two sleds i did notice i was hauling 2 and not 1 sleds.

2003 XC 600
" Ride The Best "

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Now i dont care much for fords, as i live in the Heart of GM country, but if your ranger has a 6 cylinder, just keep the trans in Drive (not overdrive) and you will be fine.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I can't see one of those plastic 2 up tops weighing more than 250 lbs.
But what those add in weight is more than made up for in less wind resistance.
You will find that the plastic top will slip trough the air with ease, I'd love
to have one for my 2 up.
A 4 Liter V6 should have no problem with it, but as mentioned use 3rd if auto,
or 4th if 5 spd.
Happy trailering

Ride to ride again.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
many trannys are 5 speeds 5th being Overdrive, not just manuals automatics. I know full size Fords have Overdrive lockouts on the Gear selector just flip that on and you will be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts