Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Triton aluminum trailer with the wooden deck and noticed that the carbides chew up the deck somewhat. I think I read on the forum here that a bed liner from a pickup box (those hard plastic ones) work for guides/guards for your skis. Picked up a bedliner for bour 20 bucks and did some customizing. bout 2 hours later had guides/guards on the trailer. Havent tried it yet cuz i am waiting for the glue we used to dry a little.

All we did was cut the bottom out of the bed liner and made 2 10" strips for the edges of the trailer and about 19" strip down the middle. Then we took where the front of the bedliner is and cut out the same. We used the front pieces for the front of the trailer as they looked thinner and would get less use, if any. To attach the strips we just used some adhesive and sheetrock screws. It felt like it went on pretty solid.

Hopefully it is easier to get a sled on and off when your carbides arent always chewing into the wood. have to see how it works i guess

·
Registered
137 Posts
sounds like that will work like a champ. My riding buddy (owns the 2-place trailer my sled is on) went to spanky's or something like that and bought guides. They are made out of bed liner material and it made loading so much easier. Especially offloading! You have to watch out or your legs will end up under the track she slides back so fast.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only problem that could psosibly happen is where we had to overlap cuz they werent long enough to start with, and the depth of the grooves wont hold the carbide off, but i figure it will slide alot easier than when it cutting into wood, throw some sonw on it and it should work great

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
we bought that 2 place aluma ltd trailer last year, drive on drive off.. the thing works mint! but i wanted the wood to last so i bought the carbide guide things not the really tall groved ones but the shorter ones, wait ill just get a picture to show what im talkn about this will take too long.. lol

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i tried it out yesterday, and it is one of th ebetter 25 bucks i have spent for moving sleds around. it goes on so easy now, i actually pushed it up the trailer by myself with little trouble, dad helped by pulling the ski a lil whiel i lifted the back end and pushed, but it goes on like a dream. [:D]

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just bought a 98 Triton 2 place with shield for 700 bucks here in New York. I found an old bed liner on the side of the road and gave the guy a 5 spot for it and now I just have to cut it up and install the guides. I wonder if the drywall screws will do the trick? What kind of glue did ya use? That really sounds like the easiest way to do it. Let it snow!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts