Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out for a ride today. put on 160 miles. What a blast. man am i sore. but when i got back to the house i noticed the bolt at the back of the trailing arm was sheered off. Any one ever have this happen. Any suggestions on how to get tie piece of bolt out fo the sled? Any help would be appreciated thanx

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have seen this happen a few times. What I use is a sharp punch and work the bolt out with a hammer.

·
Registered
777 Posts
save yourself some time and headache,forget about the easyout,never seen one comeout,break a easy out in there,then you,ll know fustration,go buy some new drill bits,say 1/8,1/4,and can,t remember what you need for a 3/8 tap,drill it and tap it,new bolt,locktite ,good as new

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you are real carefull and have access to a welder,you can weld a washer to the bolt and turn it out with a pair of visegrips.Learned that from my dad years ago,freaks em out at work when I make it look easy.
Rich

·
Registered
227 Posts
What sled is this? My Edge did this two weeks ago, all I did was removed the lock nut off the back of the broken bolt. Assuming yours might be the same. The bolt went all the way through floor board inside near the track.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up taking my sled to the chev olds dealer that my buddy works at. A little heat and an easy out and out it came. My buddy said the OE bold wasn't of very high grade so we up graded both of them. Thanx for the great advice

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
N8FGB has the right idea. I would lay the sled on it's side and instead of a washer I would take a nut and weld the center of the nut to the bolt then take a wrench and turn it out. Works great. The bolt is probably locktighted in so the heat will loosen it up. Riley

1 - 10 of 10 Posts