Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both trailing arm bolts are busted off inside my tunnel. Tried drilling them out to easy out the bolt and bit snapped inside so I can't drill the bit out so then I tried the welding the nut on trick with zero success! Is. The tunnel scrap or is there any other tricks?

Any help greatly appreciated [thumb]

·
Registered
741 Posts
the trailing arm bolts to a bracket that is riveted on. its a PITA to get off. id drill out the whole, find a long bolt and a washer, hook her up and ride!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vamped400 said:
the trailing arm bolts to a bracket that is riveted on. its a PITA to get off. id drill out the whole, find a long bolt and a washer, hook her up and ride!
Can't drill no deeper because a drill bot snapped off in the hole

·
Registered
814 Posts
Do a search on this subject- its been discussed a lot in the past. The deal is you need heat to break the thread locker on those bolts. Get a torch and heat the tube the bolt threads into from inside the tunnel. You will need to protect the plastic belly pan from melting- I used some spare muffler packing I had. I've done several of these- heat that sucker up red hot and you can back the bolt out by hand.

·
Registered
85 Posts
xcrtweaker123 said:
Both trailing arm bolts are busted off inside my tunnel. Tried drilling them out to easy out the bolt and bit snapped inside so I can't drill the bit out so then I tried the welding the nut on trick with zero success! Is. The tunnel scrap or is there any other tricks?

Any help greatly appreciated [thumb]
i just had same thing happen to me and that bracket is no good sob to replace but i got it done went threw 2 easy outs that broke off pain in the but to drill threw one finally i bought new bracket i would recommend what tripleb said first sounds a whole lot easier lots of beer and cussing good luck hope you get er done[thumb]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts