Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 xc 440 and found a culvert last year and need a new trailing arm, but the chassis is different from the normal indy chassis and most trailing arms won't fit. Was wondering if anyone know what sleds had this type of arm.
Thanks

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
What's different about it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Its winter again and I'm back on the search for a trailing arm. I believe I was told the difference was something with the front suspension. I'm not sure though. I was just told that I might be able to get a 97 xc 600 arm and I'm hoping that arm will fit. Any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think all you need is a trailing arm of any xtra 10 crc front end. You can get one here $120 though seems kinda steep.
http://216.37.204.202/polaris_oem/PolarisSnow.asp

G

·
0 Posts
I don't know for sure but it seems like some of the spindle angles my be different for different sleds. It my just bolt on fine but the angle may be off. Seems like they changed some of the angles for mountain sleds compared to trail sleds. Maybe you can buy both sides and make sure you have a match. Just some thoughts.

D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remembe seeing something that said they were "turned in" or something like that. I'm hoping as long as its xtra 10 crc it should work..

Thanks for the help so far

1 - 7 of 7 Posts