Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, the newspaper said the 66 miles in my county are now Closed and the rest are soon to follow in the next month. I live in Chautauqua county. It is about an hour south of buffalo. The paper said that this is possibly for the whole state. They said that in order for the trails to operate, the clubs have to have insurance. They said that pretty much the only insurance company that insures all the trails in the state, wouldn't insure them anymore. Lots of people very mad here because the state just up'd our registration buy 10$. Now it is 25$ per sled. They said that they did it because they wanted more money to maintain the trails. I am not complaining about that but when I paid it and now there are no trails, I got ripped; right along with god knows how many other people. Anybody else know anything about this??

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
The reason trails are being shut down, are due to retards who shouldn't be riding sled screwing it up for everyone.

Some moron doesn't obey the trail's rules, and wipes out, sues the club, the club loses and all this insurance crap comes in. The clubs say "why should we put up with this BS" and just stop making trails, that way it's not their problem anymore. If Joe Shmo goes and crashes, it's nobodies fault but his own.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I live in NY and work for a major insurance company. Most of the insurance companies that insured the clubs here in NY have pulled out or are not insuring this type of business, snowmobile clubs. There are only literally a couple of insurance companies insuring the clubs here in NY and the bastards have doubled, tripled, quadrupled the rates. A small time club that was paying $2000.00 a year may now have to pay $8000.00 to have insurance! This is rediculous! The State has to step in and correct this situation with the insurance companies, NOW! Gov.Pataki needs to here from every NY snowmobilier about this, every second of every day until something is done to help the clubs. Contact your Assemblyman, Senator ... anyone at the capital and let them here you!!!

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand what your saying pman. Not everyone is a "retard" though. Most of us are moral abiding citizens. But now, we are all getting the shaft. It sucks. I hope that something happens to correct this and fast. Where in NY do you live Maydaze?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I know that. That's why I said retards who break the rules. I didn't say all NY sledders are retards. Just the idiots who ruin it for everyone else.

1 guy can screw up everything for 10000000000 other guys. It's the way the stupid world works.

·
Registered
88 Posts
yeah this really sucks! i live in fredonia ny and know exactly what articcatmatt is talking about,went for a ride and the trails were blocked off to go to mayville,allot of buisneses will loose allot of money because mayville ny is a snowmobile town in the winter(they even have a snowmobile parade)hey matt are you going to the snocross in 2 weeks at the rodeo site? me and my nephew will be there with are 2 96 zrt 600's

·
Registered
277 Posts
I live in Hagaman, NY. Its about 7 miles south of 'The Great Sacandaga Lake'. About 35 miles west of Albany.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
You guy's are luck, well in the way that you pay $25.00 for a trail pass, we pay I think $125.00, well I know it's over $100.00.

Sorry it's $150.00, and $180.00 after December 1, thank god I only paid $150.00.

·
Registered
88 Posts
my question is where does the money go that the clubs get from the state if the trails are closed?i know mayville ny gets a good chunk,so what are they doing with it? and where is the money going when they have races? if its not going toward insurance whose got the fat pocket?

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fredonia!! Wow, thought that I was the only local on here :). Good question bardillo. I seriously doubt that any club is going to have a fat pocket, I would assume that the state will step in and probally take it back or tell them to use it for next year and they will get none. Yes I am planning on going to the snowcross. I have never been to one. I am going and taking some pics to put on here. I would love to see your ZRT's in action. When set up right them 96's are like hot wax. I raced mine the other day against some polaris's and a 800 ski doo. In about 200 yards the 800 was 2 sled lengths ahead of me. I beat everyone else. It was pretty neat. The guy on the 800 couldn't believe that my 600 was so close to him. It's all fun, win or lose. You putting those Zerts in the snowcross? I thought about it but I think that it is way to heavy. My old 440 beats me everytime in the corners..:(. Check this. http://www.trailbreakers.com/
they just posted some new BAD info on there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
no were not racing in the snocross were going to ride them there. if you see a zrt with a orange skidplate and screen kit or a zrt with a green skidplate and screen kit thats us,where can i get a map to get there? the one i have only goes to luce rd.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Its 150.00 here too, 180.00 after December. The year I bought my sled (2000) was the only year I got a trail permit with my sled, the last 2 years I haven't even bothered, they don't do anything when they stop you anyways.

·
Registered
312 Posts
25$ man no wonder your trails are closed , heheh we pay 188$ exactly here in Quebec ,,,but at least the trails are open ,,,,,,sorry to hear that ,, hopefully someone with power in NY will change that,,

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm from Otego, NY (Otsego County) and our trails are still open. So far the clubs haven't said anything either. More then likely if the rest of the state is closing, I'll probably see fences and gates close up. For now I'm enjoying the trails while they're open.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
your like 1 hr past bighampton my map says, that is too far for me to drive for a ride :). Wish that I didn't have tape blocking off all of the trails around here. We are getting snow right now too!

·
Registered
273 Posts
We're getting 10-18 inches now. So I'm REALLY glad the trails here are still open. I went to a club meeting last night and brought this closing of trails in NY up. They said they haven't had any problem with their insurance. Sorry to hear about the trails that did get closed. With all this snow falling it's gotta be painful[B)]

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Originally posted by xltlimited
[br]The year I bought my sled (2000) was the only year I got a trail permit with my sled, the last 2 years I haven't even bothered, they don't do anything when they stop you anyways.
THIS IS WHY CLUBS DON'T MAKE TRAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you use them PAY FOR IT. If not don't be complainin when the trails close. The cost money to maintain and if you use them they are going to have to maintain em so pay the money or don't ride on the trails.

Sorry but it pisses me off when people are proud of screwin the rest of us out of trails. [:(!]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts