Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I went from 3 weeks ago, having open mudholes and poor base making the trail impassible to having 6 foot drifts making the trails impassible. I guess that's what happens when you get 54" of snow over 2 days with 40 mph winds. I'm always the guy who says, no way I can make it. Not this time. There is literally too much snow/wind get through some of this stuff with my 1" paddle.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Where are you getting at?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm pretty sure that most people would kill for that kind of snow right about now, from the sounds of it your going to need a 163" track with a 2.5" paddle track in lower MI...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Don't worry cat, once the trails broken and groomed, you will have plenty to ride on the rest of the year. Better than having 3 inches all winter long.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by artiksno340
[br]Woooohoooo. I knew I longtracked for a reason.
I went for a ride last night and was very surprised to see noone had broke our trail through the backwoods. Once I got a few hundred feet back not only did i understand why noone broke the trail, I was very happy I longtracked![;)] Was a night and day difference between my 121" track and the 136" ripsaw didn't mind breaking trail at all. It's been a few years since I've done some nice deep riding like that, especially in lower michigan.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
When we got all this snow none of the trails here South of Buffalo were passabe. I did my annual road ride! Did aboput 20 miles on all major highways because of all the snow.

·
Premium Member
15,519 Posts
I miss my home area!

You guys are getting slammed with lake effect! So is Oswego.

And here in stupid central NY that I can't WAIT to find a better job and get out of BTW.... we have a whopping 5 inches on the ground tops and the wind is blowing it everywhere! I see lots-o-grass

Season is pooched

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
In camden ny we had about a foot until the lake effect snow hit yesterday. Now we've gained about three feet. It's crazy and there's still more coming. Good thing I've got the inch and a quarter or I'd have no chance to ride. Im going to my father's this weekend so maybe/hopefully the groomer will be out so we can go riding and do some boondocking.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Originally posted by powersledder
[br]I could still use some more snow here, haven't got to really test out the RMK in DEEP snow yet[;)]
Theres more snow off trail by southrange where i live and painsdale as well. Check out the big jump they built torwards the end of the old m26. Im thinking of hitting it soon but i want good powder to land in just incase.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Originally posted by Boss302man
[br]
[br]I could still use some more snow here, haven't got to really test out the RMK in DEEP snow yet[;)]
Theres more snow off trail by southrange where i live and painsdale as well. Check out the big jump they built torwards the end of the old m26. Im thinking of hitting it soon but i want good powder to land in just incase.
I think that might be for the freestyle snow show that's gonna be going on for winter carni on thursday. And where's the end of old 26?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Originally posted by GotMud
[br]
Originally posted by artiksno340
[br]Woooohoooo. I knew I longtracked for a reason.
I went for a ride last night and was very surprised to see noone had broke our trail through the backwoods. Once I got a few hundred feet back not only did i understand why noone broke the trail, I was very happy I longtracked![;)] Was a night and day difference between my 121" track and the 136" ripsaw didn't mind breaking trail at all. It's been a few years since I've done some nice deep riding like that, especially in lower michigan.
That is what I like to hear. Looks like I'll get my chance at 4'+ of snow this weekend. Most I've had the 136 x 1.5 in was about 2' so far and it didn't even have to try for that.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatmatt
[br]I miss my home area!

You guys are getting slammed with lake effect! So is Oswego.

And here in stupid central NY that I can't WAIT to find a better job and get out of BTW.... we have a whopping 5 inches on the ground tops and the wind is blowing it everywhere! I see lots-o-grass

Season is pooched
Trailer the sled over my way, i'll show ya around!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Is that an open invitation intimdtr?? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[;)]

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Originally posted by catmandu170
[br] There is literally too much snow/wind get through some of this stuff with my 1" paddle.
You might not make it but it would sure be fun to try!!!!!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
[br]
Originally posted by Boss302man
[br]
I think that might be for the freestyle snow show that's gonna be going on for winter carni on thursday. And where's the end of old 26?
PMed you. tryin not to rob this thread

1 - 20 of 24 Posts