Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
yeah up near timmins I beleive is open, But anything south of that, they are still asking for you to stay off all trails and water.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Heh, I rode HCSA trails on the week-end.. The rail bed was groomed and in great shape.. actually better shape that is usually is in mid season.. Head lake is in good shape too.. But around Kinmount things start getting rough.. Unfortunatly the OPP were in good shape too, got my first ticket of the season already.. woohoo.. gotta love that 30mph speed limit on a groomed rail bed....

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Wow man where are you at! I'm on drag lake, just outside of town(haliburton) My dad was at the cottage and said that people were running head lake. So the old tracks are in good shape... Thats great, we go down that way all the time. Down to kinmount, grab some can beans etc. at the grocery store there, and have a camp fire lunch.

What is you asl? We should meet up some time.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm in Sudbury, nothing here yet but they've been groomming in Timmins for a couple of weeks and I here they are groomming in Noth Bay.

·
Registered
36 Posts
there ok I've been running the rail bed and on head lake since the 1st of the month. The opp were out for the last 2 weeks up there and checking all your info.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
on the trails??? That weird. Check the hcsa.on.ca web site... There saying all there trails are closed and to be stay off of them, while they get packed down and groomed. Don't know why the opp would go against there wishes.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yup trail reports say they are closed, but opening day is the first of Dec... Not only were the OPP on the trails, we also met up w/ the wardens in Kinmount..

I'm at the top of Skyline Rd. overlooking town..

Oh yeah some crazy characters were running the water head lake on their DIRTBIKES..!?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yikes.... I would still think its a little on the thin side to be running someing with such high lbs/square inch.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
oh wow its a small world. So you guys are the haliburton locals eh? lol How old are you guys?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
30 mph speed limit. And giving tickets. Stupid liability insurance ruining our fun.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
here in wisconsin all we need is registration. no need for proof of ins. nothing but a lil card that says its registered. that is if a sticker isnt visable.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Heh, that's ok someone elses stupidity is usually fun to watch.. I've seen some guys running little ponds and what not on their dirtbikes but a 15ft strech of freezing cold lake.. no thanks.. I really need to get a digi-cam..!!

That week-end had some interesting mishaps.. The same dirtbike guy running the water.. was showing off in the parking lot, flipped it over on himself..

also, the OPP were blocking the trail on a blind corner (really smart).. some guy on a 800 came flying around the bend.. saw the cop locked it up for over 100ft slammed into the OPP's sled and bent his ski.... it was priceless.. after that episode the cop kinda lightened up on me.. but not enough to not give me a ticket..

I think I should just look for a bravo.. then I won't have to worry about tickets..

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
really, a ticket already!? How much did that run you? Where were you riding?? Down the rail way line?? There should be a higher speed limit for that stretch.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Was going to ask the same question on the ticket. Warned twice last year for hhmmm a little over. eheh There is a time and place, but I agree 30..?
What the ticket run you..?

·
Registered
614 Posts
We need a hand signal to warn oncoming riders that there are cops ahead, like when you flash your lights on the highways. Not for me, cause I'll be doing 55kph on my sled, thats why I bought a 900.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I don't think there open now with all this rain, sleddaver can you see grass like I can. Good thing for us there forcasting snow for us.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hey haliburton guys, Did you guys get rain? and is the snow still there? Here in burlington it rained and we lost all the snow we had...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts