Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy jason (older fellow) was out for a rip with another of his friends... jason has a 95(CORRECTION 1991) indy long track and a 99 machz so he let his buddy drive his 95 and on the way back from the small rip the friend got the ski stuck in the train tracks and gave it some gas trying to get it out and put the ass end side ways... so then jason hes his friend stuck and turns around on his mach z... next thing to happen as soon as he turns around ... ding ding ding ! jason told me he could hear the train lock up the tracks and lay on the horn .. as the train is still going 100 + kms an hour the friend is on like 150 feet away from it at this point and still trying to get the ski out at which point jason yells get out of the way and BOOM can you say awwwww **** the sled is totaled! no one hurt... had to have the train stationary for 4 hours as they sorta the scene out and inspect the train and tracks out (procedure due to emergency stop)apparently id say it was. 80 bucks for a flat bed to tow it back,,,, full now destroyed tank of gas 40 bucks and seeing the sled get f**ked up (according to jason ) cool ... lol and he is buying another one tuesday... ill get pics tomorrow and post i found only the track/rearskid/suspension and maybe motor salvagable

[attachment=59135][attachment=59136]
[attachment=59137][attachment=59138]
[attachment=59140]

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Dammmmmm thats CRAZY! good thing every one is ok.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I was stationed at Eielson AFB in Fairbanks I got stuck on the tracks and delayed the coal train for about 20 minutes till I got out. Lucky for me when the train gets that close to base the speed is very low and they were able to stop.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
He might not be buying a sled AFTER the R.R. gets done with him.
If they had to do an emer. stop that costed them a hell of a lot of money so he MIGHT be stuck paying the bill. R.R. tracks are private property and he had no business on them.
I have been there and done that, when I was younger and let me tell you, I was shi##ing my pants for a long time after that. I got off with just having to write a letter to the conductor saying that I was sorry and to never ride on tracks again. To this day I still haven't ridden on R.R. tracks.
Not coming down on you, I'm just telling you the nightmare that I had.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yep, R&R is private property and unless you have permission to ride on the R&R's right of way, you are trespassing.

on another note, I'm glad to hear that everyone is okay! sleds are replaceable - people aren't!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
u got lucky ... i'm a conductor for burlington northern and it's a real pain in the ass when u have to stop for stupid stuff like that ... i'm glad everyone was okay ... but people often underestimate trains and how quite they can be ... last fall one of my buddies was on a train about 35 minutes ahead of mine and hit someone who thought they could make it across the track ... when that happens it's the conductor's responsiblity to walk back and see whats happened ... not good

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by brnr17
[br]u got lucky ... i'm a conductor for burlington northern and it's a real pain in the ass when u have to stop for stupid stuff like that ... i'm glad everyone was okay ... but people often underestimate trains and how quite they can be ... last fall one of my buddies was on a train about 35 minutes ahead of mine and hit someone who thought they could make it across the track ... when that happens it's the conductor's responsiblity to walk back and see whats happened ... not good
How do you like being a conductor? I was considering that when I retire from the military. Pretty good pay and Benefits?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so he wasnt trying to beat the train the train was no where to be seen wasnt playing chicken!

well the trail went back onto the side of the road to cross the tracks that is where he got stuck up on the tracks.. so no one should be to blame .... he wasnt goofing around just following the trails

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
we look down on VS topics here[:)] haha
Sounds to me like the train won though. Glad you're all OK. Those pics would be intresting to see. haha

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey ladies i am going in 10-15 mins to take em .... so hold take the knot out of those panties :p

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Wow! Train tracks can really hold onto a sled with a death grip. Two years back a buddy of mine got both his skis wedged ina set of tracks just afew feet infront of a trestle. It took about 12 of us to lift/pull/push/tug/heave to get it out of htere!!!

·
Premium Member
15,519 Posts
Was it the train from back to the future III ? [:)] That was a quiet train hah.

Your local trails go over the tracks? Thats crazy.

Can't wait to see these pictures

Good move just letting the sled get killed

Edit- I got my sled stuck on tracks once. I was stuck in the middle of them and couldn't get out! haha

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by Boersy
[br]hey ladies i am going in 10-15 mins to take em .... so hold take the knot out of those panties :p
Have you got them yet?[:D]

·
Registered
764 Posts
was this at a road crossing?, or was he trying to go over the whole track, thats always a pain in the ass, theres a spot in gaylord that we cross tracks to get onto a lake, that really sucks, but when the trails are ****ty it saves us a good half an hour or so by taking the little stretch on the lake

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey cat 8 . lol you should just bank the tracks and jump em obviously with some one watching for trains lol or just build enough snow to get over em

1 - 20 of 44 Posts