Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mountain performance sells this kit to eliminate your transfer rods and give you much more tranfer. anyone use this on their sled. i have a 144 mountain srx.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Whats a transfer rod? I'm not familiar with that terminology, a sway bar maybe?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
in our srx mind u its a short track but we used a bender transer kit. u repalce the rods with these new ones that are adjsutable and it lifts the rear of the track makes it transer great and also gives u the effect of tipped up rails

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Ride with a couple Viper guys and they have done this!! They said it is one of the best mods they ever made to their sleds!! You drop a whole ton of wait and the traction increase is incredible!!

DW

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the guy at MPI told me its the best 50 bucks ill spend. but i wanted to know who has done it and how it affects the handeling/ cornering

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I would go with the ajustable transfer rods right underneath the item you are looking at. It give you more adjustment. You can dial it in for more weight transfer when you need and and less when you dont, all with a simple twist of the nuts. My brother has a similar set (just a different brand) on his 01 SRX and loves them. He said it is the best modification you can make to a Yamaha with that rear suspension.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts