Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a skylark and it wont shift at low speeds but if you hammer it (MAN LAW) it shifts. I checked the fluid and thats good. Any ideas?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any way to check it?

·
Registered
377 Posts
maybe a throttel position sensor,
that s what was wrong with my truck.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome thanks guys. I can do all the work myself, i just cant trouble shoot stuff. its the original fluid and filter so im gona start there and see what that gets me.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
There is a vacuum canister on the front of the transmission about half way down. It should have a vacuum line that runs to the intake manifold. Make sure the hose isn't cracked or broken. If the hose looks good, disconnect it from the intake manifold and use a vacuum pump or just suck on the hose to make sure the diaphragm isn't torn inside the vacuum canister.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
polarisguy23 said:
awesome thanks guys. I can do all the work myself, i just cant trouble shoot stuff. its the original fluid and filter[/color=red] so im gona start there and see what that gets me.

You're kidding, right??
Change that first and see what happens. If the converter has a plug in it, drain that too. If the filter is plugged, you will need more pressure from the pump to make it shift, hence the floor it and it shifts.

·
Registered
122 Posts
change it as soon as possible. if the filter is plugged it is running the rest of the trans low on fluid because it cant pump it with enough pressure. This in turn will cause the stacks to slip and you could be stuck tearing it down.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya its the original fluid. Its my mother in-laws car and the father in-law is lazy as shit. But ya ill change the fluid and filter first and try that. Thanks again for the info guys[thumb]

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Be careful changing out the fluid on a transmission with too many miles on the oil, could blow up. Seen a lot of Ford Exploders blow out on the lift after changing fluid.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well theres 114k on the car. you mean blow the tranny? Hows that possible just by changing fluid?

·
Registered
269 Posts
not just by changing fluid does that usually happen, it usually happens on a car that has a trans problem and you flush it and flush all the crap through it then it will shift funny or die afterwards :) i wouldnt worry one bit change that filter and oil

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^ cool,had me worried for a minute! Like i said im no mechanic, just a guy thats not afraid to do my own work. Thanks again to all who have posted.[thumb][thumb]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts