Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Travel range - Full tank Polaris XLT triple

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  mrnoah 
#1 ·
Anyone have any range numbers for a full tank of gas? I seem to get about 100 miles or so on a full tank of 45 liters. How does this compare with you other XLT'ers out there?

#7 ·
I have a 2000 Indy Triumph, which is the same as a '99 Xlt motor but in the Gen II chassis(7 lbs. lighter). 38mm flatslide carbs jetted down to 340's and I rode 60 miles on a half tank of gas yesterday, however my tank is 11.8 gallons.I Was givin' her pretty good out of corners and hit 90mph a couple times on speedo on straights.

#9 ·
Yeah, I realized after my post that some will report different mileage due to terrain conditions. My application would be for groomed trail riding at elevations less than 2000' ASL. I did some "ditch banging" in deep soft snow last weekend and could only get about 65 miles. That was the first time my RES light has ever came on, scared the $%^& out of me, although after I checked and the RES light will come on when there is 2-1/2 gallons left. Made it home safely (easy does it..). I'm glad to see that my mileage is comparable to others. I thought that the triple would be more of a pig, but am pleasantly surprised at the mileage I get.

#10 ·
My 98 XLT LTD is 100 bang on. Was 85 or so before the new needles and seats and dropping 1 main size.

I have never seen the RES light come on and I've been on fumes or at least I could see the bottom clearly.

Stupid question, do all the XLT's have a RES light or was it an option?

--------------------------------------

Lead by example, it all starts with you!

Have a great day!

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.