Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Travis crashed his 2003 corvette and has serious left hand injuries as well as head trauma and other internal injuries. the passenger in the car has possible paralisys. I read it at www.motocrossactionmag.com

That kid must have the worst luck in the world, or is the luckiest person on the face of the earth depending on how you look at it i guess.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
or maybe luck didn't have anything to do with it :-/

I have no idea what happened. but can only speculate....

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
not good.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
19 and cruising in a brand new corvette.

yes, horrible luck.

Probably stupidity or something. I don't want to sound like a prick or anything, but gimme a break, his bad luck is 99% of the time self-inflicted. Who knows what he was doing when he crashed the car. I highly doubt he was following the "rules of the road"

Could be bad luck, but with all the crap he's done in his life already, he has good luck, that he hasn't killed himself yet.

I read this in an article:

"According to police, Mr. Pastrana was driving a black 2003 Chevrolet Corvette on Rossback Road about 12:30 a.m. when the vehicle went airborne after cresting a rise in the road near Overlook Glen."

So he was jumping a brand new corvette at almost 1 in the morning.

What do you expect when you are jumping a fiberglass POS. I am an insensitive prick when it comes to situations as this. He brought this crap upon himself if these news stories are true.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
musta been haulin to go airborne from going over a crest of a hill, only roads ive been that i got air from from going even decent speeds, 50mph, is a prarie trail...

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Originally posted by Polaris-Man
[br]19 and cruising in a brand new corvette.

yes, horrible luck.

Probably stupidity or something. I don't want to sound like a prick or anything, but gimme a break, his bad luck is 99% of the time self-inflicted. Who knows what he was doing when he crashed the car. I highly doubt he was following the "rules of the road"

Could be bad luck, but with all the crap he's done in his life already, he has good luck, that he hasn't killed himself yet.

I read this in an article:

"According to police, Mr. Pastrana was driving a black 2003 Chevrolet Corvette on Rossback Road about 12:30 a.m. when the vehicle went airborne after cresting a rise in the road near Overlook Glen."

So he was jumping a brand new corvette at almost 1 in the morning.

What do you expect when you are jumping a fiberglass POS. I am an insensitive prick when it comes to situations as this. He brought this crap upon himself if these news stories are true.
I have no idea who this kid is, but I have to completely agree with you here Pman. A 19 yr old driving an 03 Vette at 12:30 in the morning. Yeah, I'm sure he was completely obeying all the traffic laws (read...serious sarcasam).

I don't like seeing people get hurt, but if you bring it on yourself due to foolishness, hey........

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
copied from the news article

The Corvette then went onto a steep embankment and struck a large oak tree. The force of the collision flipped the Corvette, threw Mr. Pastrana from the vehicle and blew apart the engine, police said. The car landed upside down in the middle of Rossback Road, about 300 feet from where the driver lost control.

Police were unsure how fast Mr. Pastrana was driving at the time of the crash.

"It hit so hard that the motor was thrown out of it," said Lt. Keith Williams, commander of the Traffic Safety Section. "You can't even tell what kind of car it is. It is just completely destroyed."

must have been moving at a good rate of speed to have that happen

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Its his own falt I guess...sucks to be him right now..

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The kid has tons of talent, but seems to throw it all away and come back for more. He's broken more bones and been near death more times than I can count. by the time he's 30 he'll be dead, or not walking.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by confusedguy
[br]its pretty easy to get air.. but things happen and hopefully people learn from their mistakes.
tell me, how is it easy to get air on a highway, they build them so that doesnt happen, and if they think it will happen, speed limits are lowered in that area, the highway foos know how fast a vehicle can travel over curves and hills without losing control in normal conditions

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
^ WTF?

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
now now. Play nice.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Originally posted by bigwilly
[br](looks at feet like little kid) Sorry... [;)]

My previous statement was intended for entertainment purposes only.
LOL at bigwilly! [:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
331 Posts
I feel bad for anyone (especially someone as talented as Travis) that is injured, whether by stupidity or just plain fate/dumbluck....I am a firefighter and have to deal with this kind of stuff all the time and I feel bad when anyone has this kind of an 'accident' but MOST of these kinds of accidents are avoidable with some simple safety rules...called LAWS.....RULES OF THE ROAD etc....thats why they are there...I know some people believe that the rules are just a challenge, and those that believe that way are the ones that end up broken, injured,.....dead....and although I have compassion, I can't feel too bad when it is 'self-induced'....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts