Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This mountain is about an hour or so from me and is visible from my porch ( mountains covered in snow right now to! )

Figured I'd share this with everyone else though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BZh-7hkNe4&feature=channel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
Travis is the man. I went to the last couple races of the New England Forrest Rally in Sunday River and the last one in Colebrook this year, some idiot tried to steal a spare spoiler from his pit lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
What's the speed limit on that road normally...25? lol I think ken block is better than Pastrana at this sport though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ilive4snow700 said:
i wanna go up it on the sled this year. ride from Hardwick, VT to mt washington, then go up the mountain and back.
Just dont get caught riding actually on Mount Washington ( extremely illegal ). Also keep in mind if your dumb enough to try and ride it ( not saying you are ), that if something happens to you, you could die. A few years ago ( think it was 5 or 6 ) the highest ever record wind speed on the face of the planet was record ( 231mph ). That mountain is not very forgiving.

And yeah, the speed limit is something like 20 or 25.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,226 Posts
ArcticCatZR800 said:
What's the speed limit on that road normally...25? lol I think ken block is better than Pastrana at this sport though.
I think Block is more smooth than Pastrana but both are equal in my book.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
sledcrusher said:
A few years ago ( think it was 5 or 6 ) the highest ever record wind speed on the face of the planet was record ( 231mph ).
So now when I say down-hill with a tail wind, it could auctally mean something!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
I wonder if they got a "This car climbed Mt. Washington" bumper sticker. I see those all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,258 Posts
[ A few years ago ( think it was 5 or 6 ) the highest ever record wind speed on the face of the planet was record ( 231mph ).

Acutally quite a few years ago.......1934.................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,420 Posts
The wind record is now from an Australian Island, 253 mph.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
sledcrusher said:
ilive4snow700 said:
i wanna go up it on the sled this year. ride from Hardwick, VT to mt washington, then go up the mountain and back.
Just dont get caught riding actually on Mount Washington ( extremely illegal ). Also keep in mind if your dumb enough to try and ride it ( not saying you are ), that if something happens to you, you could die. A few years ago ( think it was 5 or 6 ) the highest ever record wind speed on the face of the planet was record ( 231mph ). That mountain is not very forgiving.

And yeah, the speed limit is something like 20 or 25.
i thought the road is open to sleds in the winter? i know a guy who rode his sled up on a good, clear day. he didnt say anything about it being illegal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ilive4snow700 said:
sledcrusher said:
ilive4snow700 said:
i wanna go up it on the sled this year. ride from Hardwick, VT to mt washington, then go up the mountain and back.
Just dont get caught riding actually on Mount Washington ( extremely illegal ). Also keep in mind if your dumb enough to try and ride it ( not saying you are ), that if something happens to you, you could die. A few years ago ( think it was 5 or 6 ) the highest ever record wind speed on the face of the planet was record ( 231mph ). That mountain is not very forgiving.

And yeah, the speed limit is something like 20 or 25.
i thought the road is open to sleds in the winter? i know a guy who rode his sled up on a good, clear day. he didnt say anything about it being illegal.
I called and asked them. They said ATVs and cars in the summer, and the winter vans with tracks is all thats allowed.

And what I had on my mind was the 230mph wind in 2006. You're right about the world record ( which is no longer ) being in 1934.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top