Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we got our reservations for our annual trip this year. We are heading to Bessemer MI, near Big PowderHorn. Does anyone live near there or has been there? I was wondering what the trails are usually like?

We are going the last weekend of Jan. Should be fun we have a group of 12 going.

/snofan/../images/users/baero/eyes2.gif

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Wow, how ironic!! We have a trip planned there for January 24th!!!! About 9 people, all from MN. We are staying in a cabin that we got off this website. It is in or near Bessemer, MI.

2 years ago, i went to this same exact area for a quick trip for some deep snow fun. We rode through Bessemer, Ironwood, Wakefield, and on up to Silver City. It was a blast! The trails were usually wide and well groomed and it snowed almost every night. The trails did however get very bumpy from so much traffic, but other than that, i have no complaints. Oh, and get gas often, the gas stations are sometimes far apart.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, we got it from the same site. I do not know which cabin we got, but it sleeps 12, I might remember the Tealwood or something like that. That is cool to hear from people that have been there and are returning.

Do not leave us any yellow snow.

/snofan/../images/users/baero/eyes2.gif

·
Registered
93 Posts
The trails are usually well groomed, but due to heavy traffic it can get pretty beat up. Snow is rarely a worry as they usually get pounded (except for last year) Be sure to go up to Lake In The Clouds at night and take a short hike up to the top of the mountain. You are not supposed to ride up, but if you do, be very careful because there is a cliff with an 60-80 foot drop at the top! Anyway, if the stars are out go check it out, it is beautiful! A fun stop is also the Rockland Road House in Rockland. They also have gas. If you have time, the trip to Ontanagon is also nice. Hurley is a fun place, but I recommend not heading that way as there is only one trail with a lot of traffic and it can get very beat up. Unless of course your group is all guys. Hurley has at least four nudey bars all in a row. Good food can also be found there. In general head North, East, and South and you will have a great time. Lake Goegebic is also a favorite trip. The Root Cellar has great food, but also gets very crowded. Watch out for trail 8 east of Bergland. It is a nice railroad grade but for some reason it always seems to be beat to $#it and bumpy as heck. Ever notice most places have a trail like this? Also be sure to get the michigan sticker. Have a great trip!

I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yea, I heard the Root Celar is a cool place. It almost always gets in the top 3 for Best Reseraunt in SnowGoer too. Nother cool place is the hot dog stand outside of Seney. It's actually there! I was surprised as hell when we first went by it...cool idea really.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MMMM, Hot Dogs. Nothing better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The root celar is a great place to eat, I have been to bergland for the last two years in a row. We went up a couple of weeks ago when they still had snow and we had a great time. We have always stayed in bergland at the Walleye Lodge, they have a website. The walleye is not the nicest place but a good price and the owners are real nice and will tell you where the best places are to ride at that time. I believe he runs the groomers around that area so he knows the snowcover pretty well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts