Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. Three guys and myself took off last Sunday morning for the Michigan UP. We went up to the Keweenaw Peninsula and had a great time. We had a 600, 700, and 800 Polaris Edge XC and then I came with my 700 RMK with a 1.25 in. track. As far as the sleds go all four of them were very close in power. Who ever got the hole shot was in the front. I was really surprised that there wasn't that big of difference between the 600, 700, and the 800. The 800 did use about twice as much gas as the 600, and 700. What a pig on gas. We put on 630 miles in 3 day of riding. On Tuesday I put on 284 miles which broke my old record of 235 miles in one day. It was mostly trail riding. I did manage to hit a few loging roads that had over 3 ft of snow on them. I had to look hard to find the loging roads without any tracks on them. We stayed in Chassle MI.and covered most of the Peninsula. I wish I had a digital camera to put up some pictures but I'm still in the stone age with a 35 mm. We stayed in a place called the Chippewa Motel. All I can say about that place is what a dive. We started calling it the Chippewa Hilton. I'm glad we only slept there. I think the trip rankes as one of the best trips I have ever gone on. This ends the season for me with 752 miles for the year. Not too bad for a bad snow year in MN. Riley

·
Registered
28 Posts
wow sounds like a good trip
I hear the ridingd good at shin pond in maine

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Wow, 284 miles in a day! I was beat after 167 one day. We were in Munising,MI (UP) this past weekend and put on 438 miles in 3 days. Think that was it for the year and ended up with 967 miles. Sure would like to get that 33 miles to make 1000. might have to go out on the lake before everything melts......

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey Riley, when you get that 35mm film developed go to a place that will put it on a cd for you. Most places that have overnight developement offer this. Wal-mart, Rite aide or any large superstores. Then you can post your Pics!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts