Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I have got a friend who has a set of PSI performance triple pipes that I can use on my 1994 XLT. They are slightly used and he wants 500 bucks for them I know that is under what they normally cost for a set brand new. My question is will they make that much difference in my performance or will it just give me more top end power???

Polaris4LIFE[:D]

·
Registered
277 Posts
It will make a huge differance on your sled. It will go from roughly 85 hp to 108-110 hp. I did it to my old 93 XLT special. The only problem is your buddy is way high on his price for a used set of pipes. $300-350 max for a used set of pipes for that. Check out PSI or SLP's web site for some special pricing on your pipes, you can most likely get them cheaper there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 95 XLT and was thinking of pipes but it is too much of a hassel to rejet at different temps/alt. Keep that in mind when the temp drops 10 degree's and your in the hills at night. Pain in the butt

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just went to HPE's web site (www.hiperf.com) and they have a special on brand new PSI pipes for your sled, $349.00 brand new. Like I said, I had pipes on my sled and I road at 0-3000' elevation and never changed jets once I had it dialed in. Its not a big deal to dial in it and then your set. If you change your altitude by a big differance then you might want to check into a holzman tempaflow or other type of compensating product. Belive me when I say you will have a whole new sled with the pipes. Way more power than what you have now at all ranges, high and low.

·
Registered
129 Posts
how many main jet changes did yu make before yu got it dialed in maydaze? are the psi pipes loud?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I went up a couple sizes from stock. I dont remember the exact size. The pipes had 3 seperate silencers instead of the one big can and were slightly louder than stock at idle and cruising. When you nailed the throttle you knew you had pipes on it but it wasnt annoying loud like some sleds. It sounded nice.

·
Registered
671 Posts
i have pipes on my sled, i went up 2 sizes on the mains, i lvoethe pipes, get em. ul be imopressed

·
Registered
129 Posts
what about fuel mileage....was there much of a change? im gettin about 14mpg with my 96 600 xlt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would get a set of slp before anything else. When I did mine you put in 10mr weights with a blue spring in the primary. Then you change out your mains. Here we run from 6k-9k and I ran 160 mains with a stock airbox. I then put on a slp airbox and had to run 180 mains. With the airbox there was no performance help but the fuel mileage went down alot. You need to be turning 9k to get them running best. Not to worry that motor will take it for about 6k-7k miles then you need to do a full rebuild.

Thanks Scott.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i run a 93 sp .020 over PSI trailblaster pipes,10mblue weights,lt. blue spring(pri.)and about 10lbs of pre load on the secondary. the jetting is out of the pipe manual(220(mag)220(ctr)230(pto)(for cooling and xtra pto brng lube)/15*F/ Br9EV plugs to gage burn mixture, ams-oil 100:1 synth. pre-mix oil, it'll turn around 9200rpms/ +- 110 top end!! with a 133" long track too!!! My arms hurt!!![:D] ps. a little rich is still better than burnt down! offer 250??!!(used)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts