Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a set of triple PSI pipes for my xlt and i need some help with the clutching. right now it will hit about 8400-8500 rpms with the clutch setup it currently has. i have heard that running the xlt engine between 8400-8700 will hurt the engine and that 9100-9200 is the sweet spot for it. it has the blue primary spring, but i dont know what the weights or the secondary spring or helix is. i ride alot of trails and drag race my friends sometimes, and the most i ever saw when it was stock was 75 in a field. what would be a good setup for me and this sled?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
is the clutching all stock? the secondary will just slide off after you unbolt it, if it isnt stock then it may have markings on it, if u cant see the marks on the weights then you can take it off and compress it by having a buddy stand on it. but if its all stock go to http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp and look it up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got PSI pipes on my sled. Its been a long time since I have looked at the PSI specs but I think you should be at 9,200 rpm. As for going over 8,700 I never had a problem when it was a stock engine pulling 9,200 rpm. I've since ported it and welded the crank. Now it turns 10,000 rpm.

I wish I still had the specs that PSI gave me with my pipes. But I believe you should have 10m Red weights with a blue spring. I dont remember if it was a Polaris or EPI spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts