Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
triple single is 3 cylinders one exhaust pipe, triple triple is 3 cylinders, 3 exhaust pipes

·
Registered
702 Posts
Thats what a triple triple is, 3 cylinder with triple pipes, you can put triple pipes in it if it came with the single... you pickin up what we'er puttin down?

·
Registered
192 Posts
kowalskie1971 said:
slamdry said:
kowalskie1971 said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Yep, single pipes cripple triples...
can u put triple exhaust instead of the single?
absolutley, SLP makes a great set that are not real noisy but make great power
awsome its for my buddies sled thanx guys
you cant just go throw the pipes on and ride it. you need to rejet the carbs richer or you will blow the motor up, and judging by the posts i have read from you so far..... leave it stock or your in for one hell of a headache...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Do you have to rejet or can you make up the difference by adjusting the mixture screw and moving the needles, or do you run out of adjustmen?

·
Registered
538 Posts
slamdry said:
and there is the difference, triple triple will [highlight=yellow]usually [/highlight=yellow]make more hp.
If you have tripple pipes made for that specific motor, you will ALWAYS see a drastic increase in power over a single pipe.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I wouldn't mess with it! They make enough power if u clutch and gear them right, and best of all u are not spinning the crap out of them!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tshack420 said:
kowalskie1971 said:
slamdry said:
kowalskie1971 said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Yep, single pipes cripple triples...
can u put triple exhaust instead of the single?
absolutley, SLP makes a great set that are not real noisy but make great power
awsome its for my buddies sled thanx guys
you cant just go throw the pipes on and ride it. you need to rejet the carbs richer or you will blow the motor up, and judging by the posts i have read from you so far..... leave it stock or your in for one hell of a headache...
my sled is a triple triple like i said it was just a question my buddie had i figured u had to rejet it and make sum adjustments

·
Registered
59 Posts
riiiiiiiiiiight, well tell your "buddy" that since "he" didn't know the dif between a triple triple and a triple single, and you owning one couldn't tell "him" that "he" will have to rejet and clutch "his" sled when "he" adds pipes to "his" triple

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bumpyknucks said:
riiiiiiiiiiight, well tell your "buddy" that since "he" didn't know the dif between a triple triple and a triple single, and you owning one couldn't tell "him" that "he" will have to rejet and clutch "his" sled when "he" adds pipes to "his" triple
i just wanted to know about the hp

bumpyknucks said:
first my buddys not gonna do it cause he doesin't want to rejet it,second whats wrong with trying to learn everything about sleds it was only a question calm down

·
Registered
9 Posts
You guys get so hyped up with this stuff, give the dude a chance.. if you want to make some horsepower with a triple and beat ur your buddies with the new twins. Then yah pipe that triple and jet it to the pipes you are using and there is cluthching that goes with your set to. A good triple will most likely alwayse beat them peski twins lol

·
Registered
511 Posts
18 responses and not a single clue.

The term triple triple does NOT refer to triple pipes (at least not if it's being used by someone who knows what they're talking about).

A triple triple is a type of motor. There is a mono-block triple and there is a triple triple. A mono-block triple has all three cylinders cast into a single block with a single cylinder head, and a triple triple has three separate cylinders with three separate cylinder heads.

A mono-block triple can have triple pipes and a triple triple can have a single pipe.

marc said:
A good triple will most likely alwayse beat them peski twins lol
I don't believe that is true. The newer motors put out more HP per CC of displacement.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts