Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son blew up his 600 in a 2004 switchback, I still have my 97 polaris ultra spx 700 triple HO, complete sled(runs great). I seen guys put these in the edge style sleds, was wondering if there is a kit or website that can help me through this process. would make one hell of a fun sleeper sled. Thanks. I am a autoshop teacher so i have the ability, just looking for some layout info before i start, snow is right around the corner. (for those wndering we bought him a 2009 600 iq so he will not be driving this beast.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Hot-to-go makes complete kits with custom pipes.

Or you can get a plate from a yellowstorm800 who is a member here, and figure out the piping yourself.

Or just get advice on how to DIY from IndyRXL, a guy that's on here from the west side of Rochester who has just completed the swap.

And I'll be dropping a 96 680 (essentially the same motor as the 700) into my 2003 SKS (in 2004 they changed the name from SKS to Switchback) next spring. Unless the motor in the SKS blows this winter, then it will be going in immediately. (I'm just across the county line east of Rochester)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Hot-to-go makes complete kits with custom pipes.

Or you can get a plate from a yellowstorm800 who is a member here, and figure out the piping yourself.

Or just get advice on how to DIY from IndyRXL, a guy that's on here from the west side of Rochester who has just completed the swap.

And I'll be dropping a 96 680 (essentially the same motor as the 700) into my 2003 SKS (in 2004 they changed the name from SKS to Switchback) next spring. Unless the motor in the SKS blows this winter, then it will be going in immediately. (I'm just across the county line east of Rochester)
Cool thanks for all the info, we need to hook up, I go to tugg hill every weekend but hear there is great riding up your way.I will contact them both. awsome am excited.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I'd love to make a few trips to tug this winter, haven't made it the last 2 years because of injuries or schedule conflicts..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
I'd love to make a few trips to tug this winter, haven't made it the last 2 years because of injuries or schedule conflicts..
[thumb]
Let me know, I will be heading up starting the first of December, always take off the first day of sled season, just like hunting.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Kepp us posted! Sounds like a great DIY for you to post.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Its a pretty easy swap i think, and seein you have both sleds it will help alot. I used 800 engine straps, had to drill diffrent holes. Moved the recoil side engine mounts over, the front mount the hole was there just had to drill the rivet and move over. The rear i widend the mount (need a welder for this). I used slp pipes that where for a wedge chassis just had to cut the flanges and weld them back on at a diffrent angle. If you have any ?s just ask ill try to help. heres some pics of mine, i need to finish a few things yet but its pretty close.
20101071744293_20985.jpg
201010717437703_20985.jpg
201010717433281_20985.jpg
201010717428859_20985.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your input will probly be contacting you for questions, just getting to it now, things always come up at wrong time. Sucks for him, my sled runs.[8D]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts