Snowmobile Fanatics banner

triples?

8K views 101 replies 40 participants last post by  madcow 
#1 ·
how many of you own a triple cylinder snowmobile, i am thinking of geting a yamaha sxvenom and im wondering how the triples with a single pipe run. and do they pull start really hard?
any held is appreaciated[?]

#2 ·
Just a question pro X 600.

Let me get this straight....
you ride a Ski Doo MXZ 700,
you are looking at getting a Yamaha Venom,
and your online name is pro X 600.

?

#12 ·
what are you talking about hard to start .. there no harder to start that anything else .. i my self have only had two sleds .. a 96 XLT which was my first love that was a triple and the one that i got this year is a 01 sxr 700 that too is a triple and i dont thing i would ever have a twin because i just love the sound and the high end power that the triples have i just love them..now i dont know if its just been the two sled that i have had but neither one have been sick fast at the start nore would either one lift there skis they can deffently toug you along the trail , but if the 04 yammy is even better then the 01 that i have its going to be some sled , i hope you get it

#16 ·
Go to a Yamaha dealer and pull over a Viper or something. That should give you an idea as to how hard it is to pull over.

I doubt it will be much easier than a 700 twin though.

#17 ·
yammi triples are real easy to pull over, I think I explained this to you before, but it's all about the compression of the engine. that's why it's REAL easy to pull over an engine once the plugs are out of it. the MXZ's of ALL displacements make about 140psi compression, makeing them real hard to pull over, vipers and the sx-r 600 (venom) engine, make about 110, REAL easy to pull over, if memory serves you're something like 13, well, i've been able to pull over yammi tripples with 1 arm since I was 14 and we started rideing them, so I don't think it'll be a problem. but as long as yer getting a triple, make it a viper, they're no harder to pull over and have more legs up top. or if you're REALLY smart, get an old SRX, those are dime a dozen, and most will walk all over any high displacement twin made today. look at the grass drag results man. http://www.cosdra.com the SRX's are slaughtering, and they have been since they where introduced in '98

sorry, not meaning to rant, but I have one and I LOVE it, won't trade it for anything, mine is going full race and I'm probably gonna get another one for the trails

#18 ·
You talking a 600 three cilender.only 200cc for each compression stroke.it will be easier to pull over than a twin of the same size.unless the twin has a decompression switch,and i dont know of any that do.i once owned a 600 polaris tripple with a broken rewind.when it was cold i started it with a rope.when it was warm i just grabed the clutch and gave it a spin.

#19 ·
so would and sxvenom be a nice sled and easy to pullover. the one and only sled i never rode or took intrest in cheking out is a yamaha, so ill be sure to look them over and see if i like how there built but do all you think there nice and speedy, yet controlable sleds?

#24 ·
The silky smooth, linear power of the triple cannot be beat. And oh, they sound soooo sweet. Problem is, just like everybody jumped on the triple craze 10 years ago, everybody is jumping ship now. It's too bad really, cause there is still a lot of people who like the triple cylinder snowmachine. The manufactures (other then yamaha) just aren't putting any R&D into the triple. So while the twins are getting lighter and lighter, the triple got pushed to the back, and eventually as we are seeing now, dropped all together.

My next sled will be a yammie, more then likely.

God bless, and god save the triple.

#25 ·
People are jumping ship because that is what most manufacturers are cramming down their throat. What choice do they have if they are brand loyal?

Kinda the same as auto manufacturers with their front wheel drive crap.

#26 ·
I've got a polaris triumph 600 triple, its like pulling a 500 twin. I've tried pulling over 700xc and ac 800 there a pain, alot harder to pull over.
People are making to much about weight. Theres so much variation from model to person. Must people are 30lbs fatter then me. Also know some one with a 700xc deluxe, its atleast 30lbs hezvier.
I'd like to see these big twins when they get a few years older, there gonna suck starting. Especially if somethings wrong and your trouble shooting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.