Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any above average snowfall this year. i live in colorado and have rode every weekend since thanksgiving and have had terrible conditions. Text[/size=4]

·
Registered
948 Posts
Ever so slightly more than average in the BC interior of the Okanagan Valley. At least at Apex where I go. They have a 5" 10" base that is usually about 4.5 to 5' during the year.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wow...so sorry folks. We have had the best riding this year. As I speak we got a foot last night and 3" more this morning. We are in the valley, above us is going to be DEEP! It was deep even before this.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Milne you could have mentioned where you are. There's an awful lot of valleys out there.

Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ummm...no, it's a secret.

I am in NW Montana outside of Trout Creek.

Been here??

·
Registered
948 Posts
Nope, never been. Probably close though. I used to live in Regina, Saskatchewan, north of Billings I think.

I've also been to Salt Lake City but I don't think that is as close.

My US geography sucks!! .... mind you so does my canadian geography and I live here. LOL

Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
115 Posts
Does that mean my Candian geography is better than yours??
We are....lets see, we are below Ciudad Juarez....oops, wrong map. We are south of Cranbrook, BC by a few hours. Probably 2 hours from the border.
There is some awesome playing here...not a groomed trail...or a short track to be found.

3 Skidoo Tundras...yup, thats right....Tundras!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Ah ok. I've been to Fernie which is just east of Cranbrook. Great mountain riding territory. I've only skied there, never been sledding out there yet.

Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey milne,

my folks got a place up there on the water. I love it there. I shot a big 5 point there a couple years back. I can't wait to bring our sleds out. We go to Katie Jacks every morning for breakfast when we are out there. That is the best damn food!!! Where are the good places to sled???

I need spellcheck!

91 RXL/SKS 650
91 Exciter II 570

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well..next time, if you survive Katy Jacks cooking give me a yell....and I will show you where the good places are.
We were out Saturday and there was unbelievable snow. Just got another 6" down here today, going to get up to 3' in the mountains before it is all done.
Lots of playing left this year....where are you at?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts