·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
/snofans/../images/users/TriumphoverU/Triumph1.jpg

/snofans/../images/users/TriumphoverU/Triumphfront2.jpg

/snofans/../images/users/TriumphoverU/Skidplate.jpg

/snofans/../images/users/TriumphoverU/Triumphmotor.jpg

There she is, the Triumph, Hood Screens, RAD covers, Skid-plate not included. Nor is the Temp gauge or the other stuff i have added. 3 cylinders of raw Polaris Power. Might not be the fastest machine out there, but god is that triple ever smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth and quiet!!!!!!

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Nice looking sled man. Are those covers you have on the front suspension arms, or are they painted orange? You should put a set of triple pipes on that baby!

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are covers....lots easier than takin them off and painting them. Actually they are red too....but the camera didnt show it that way. As for triple pipes....not sure if there are any made for my sled. I was told that xlt pipes would fit, but i dont know cuz the xlt was never in the GEN II chassis. Well i guess you could say this is the xlt or at least the last version they made of it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
thats a triumph, this is an XLT!

<marquee id='marquee'>
</marquee id='marquee'>

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
That thing looks good. So does xltman's XLT.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I had heard of them but I must say I had never actually seen one or even pics of one. Nice looking sled for sure. What year? 99 or 00?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a 2000.....only made them that one year.....but i tell ya what...i think most people didnt realize that this was the xlt in a gen II body or else it woulda sold better. I know i didnt have any idea what it was till i walked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back to the corner of the showroom and openend the hood. I think the name change fooled a bunch of ppl. I think polaris missed the boat by not pushing this sled a little more than what they did. Of course i like the fact that no where on the sled does it say 600 or xlt or triple or anything like that.....fun to have some races when people dont know whats under the hood
But with the very few of them that are out there, if ya see one on the trails see if ya can talk to the guy....it just may be me! I'll bet you will be talking to one very happy sled owner....even if it isnt me.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
share the wealth brutha!!! i need a new sled despratly

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Cool, Polaris shoudl have stuck with the triple single engines. I know the one thing that is actually nice about the Viper is the engine. I raced a 2002 XC 700 SP today uphill and was reeling him in the whole way up the hill.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
man that triumph is a nice looking machine. i also fell in love with my old xlts smoothness. that poor sled went to hell and back and never once let me down at around 7000 miles of tripple pipes and ditch banging i tore the engine down and the crank seals were gone just the little spring from the seal hanging on the crank but she never blew. we all get lucky.lol

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
7,000 miles eh? well if winters keep up like this last one i will have about ohhh 70 more years of riding before i wear this one out....lmao i got it new in Oct. 2000, and i only have ridden it 700 miles.....so i guess u could say the sled is mint, (well thats kinda funny since i live in "Mint City USA" lol)...well anyhow...i figure if i keep the sled up it will last me a long time.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I got the same problem as you Triumph, My 500 only has 1100 miles on it. I didn't ride it once this year. Oh well it will be that much newer next season.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
66 Posts
Triumph man,
I got just over a 1000 miles on my 2000 Triumph this year. Not to bad seeing we didn't have great snow in lower MI this year. I had to get a new speedometer cable and new guages. Also had to take the sled back and go down a jet. But after all the fixes the thing runs like a beast. Love all that midrange power of a triple. Pray for snow and hope to see ya on the trails.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If your lucky i have heard from a few different people that have been sayin they are still buying theirs brand new....guy e-mailed me over the summer asking how it was cuz his dealer had a brand new one still sittin in the crate. I know they didnt sell very well, but i believe that to be a poor job of advertising on polaris' part. Anyhow it sounds like they can still be had if you know where to look. All i can say is that it you liked the XLT's you will LOVE this sled.

on a side note, I am in the process of installing 144 woody's gold diggers 0.920 inches long with red backers. Next comes the clutch kit, re-gearing if needed, and possibly triple pipes if the $$$$ is there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts