Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 05 King Cat (EFI) that has only 800 miles on it, because I loved my 1M (EFI) 900 159 so much. Here is the issue- Every now and then the King Cat temperature light flashes 6 times and the computer shuts the sled down to idle, which you then have to stop. The temperature light code says it’s related to a servo motor short. I know for sure it’s not an over heating issue. The heads are cool to the touch, boiled the thermostat (ran it without it, and it still did it), and it never boils over any antifreeze. Also the ohm resistance of the temp sensor, below the thermostat, while hot is 391. The next question you may have is, does it happen with the 1M- no. And of course the King Cat it modded out to the tilt (for those, yes I should have left it stock, but man is it awesome high marker in CO).

Here is the only other logic I can give you, so you can maybe help me. It only happens after high marking (not during), that it dose it, like when I am going down the trial 5 min later. It’s like it only happens after having the throttle open for short periods of time (other then high marking it’s never opened up). If it is the servo motor, it’s not hot, plug in well with no water corrosion. How can I test the servo motor? Any help is appreciated. Thanks - Ross

·
Registered
914 Posts
when my f7 did this, i cleaned the servo so much i could and adjusted the length off the wire´s then it ran well again,you can get some info on how long the wire´s should be from your dealer

my dealer talked about some coal dust that came from the clutches and drive belt that get´s sucked in the servo motor causes this problem

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will give it a try. What do you recomnd to clean it with? Break cleaner or a wet electronics board spray cleaner? Thanks for the info. Anyon else with the same issue- Ross

·
Registered
914 Posts
Originally posted by cokingcat
[br]I will give it a try. What do you recomnd to clean it with? Break cleaner or a wet electronics board spray cleaner? Thanks for the info. Anyon else with the same issue- Ross
wet electronics board spray cleaner and water afterwards because the spray leaves a thin layer off parafin/crystal kind of layer on the surface´s that can corrode

1 - 4 of 4 Posts