Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ski-doo is a formula stx 583 rave 1994.

It does not start even if:
- I changed my coil
- Compression is 110 in both cylinders
- I have a good fire
- I have new spark plugs
- I have new gasoline
- The timing is good
Is there anyone who could help me and tell me where my problem could be?

Thank you Philippe

·
Registered
608 Posts
There are three things an engine needs to run: fuel, spark, and compression. If you are sure you have spark and compression, then you need fuel. To verify this problem try pouring a little gas down the sparkplug holes and see if it tries to run. If this is the problem then clean the carbs and make sure the pump is working properly. Keep us posted on your situation.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Hey guy's I am just curious would it work if you disconnected the hose off fuel pump and just started cranking would that tell you if the fuel pump is working.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ski doo's have a primer, is it getting fuel when you prim it. If you have clear see thru gas lines and you do not see any fuel in the line after priming and pulling It, most likely it wouldbe the fuel pump. Also check fuel filter, and air vent on the tank. 110 psi is a little low, but should run ok. Does the compression hold at 110psi also try another gauge just to see if there's a difference.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Can you let us know the condition of the plugs after you've tried to start? Are they wet,dry? When you did your compression check were both plugs out? When you disconnect the fuel from the pump to the carbs and pull, does the fuel flow?

Oh and try that fuel down the cylinders if the plugs are dry after pulling for sure!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi guys thanks for the tips

we tried pumping fuel directly in the cylinders but it barley wanted to start. If it was the fuel pump couldn't we keep it running with the primer??? and the gprimer is new and the gas gets to the carbs. We have cleaned also cleaned the carbs. What we are wondering is if it would be the elctronic unit? the spark plugs seem to be a bit wet when we pump.

looking forwrd for your help phil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it is off to the garage for me. we think it might be the crack seal but we have to make sure the skidoo doesnt keep its compression first. So thanls for the help and i will keep you posted.

charb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts