Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1994 polaris indy 440 supersport. she will start up on any normal morning and run like a beut. i can get off go inside for somehting and start it right up if its only been sitting about 10 minutes. but. if she sits for over a half hour and the engine cools back down it wont start uup easily. i always need to replace the plugs and keep pulling then she comes to life. any clue on the problem?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
make sure your only running NGK nothing but my sled did that to it only likes running NGK since thats what the transitor or whatever its called is made for

·
Registered
685 Posts
All you do is choke it, (flip the choke lever up) if its been sitting for 1/2 hr or whatever, then get off the choke right away.
Simple.
Not a big deal.[:)]

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tried that curt_man still doesnt work....tried choking full and half but she wont move until i change the plugs

·
Registered
340 Posts
Clean carbs, fresh gas?

·
Registered
593 Posts
clean your carbs i had the same problem and mine runs like new again

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
clean the carbs maybe replace the needles and seats ,my dealer wants like 55 dollars each x2 would be 110 dollars ,buy mine from the after market ,book's ,mainly Dennis Kirk ,only in the 20 dollar range for the same Mikuni needle and seat ,do not buy the ones that do not say Mikuni

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also had that problem, I bought new spark plug caps from ngk and she ran fine after that,
That might work!!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Maybe fuel leaking into the engine. Try this, Turn the gas off a few moments before shutting the engine off. If it starts back up easily after turning the gas back on then you most certainly have fuel leakage. It's worth a shot and it's an easy test.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I agree with butcher boy. Or another thing could be wrong with it, maybe electrical problems?!! WL

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Are you swapping old plugs (from say a couple days ago)? Or are you putting in a brand new out of the package fresh pair every time? If you're swapping old plugs for old plugs, you may have an issue with the insulator being cracked.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys your tons of help....it seems like with all the info itl run..and by the way im swapping old to new i wouldnt put old plugs back in

1 - 12 of 12 Posts