Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a mach 1 670 and i cant get it running i took the carbs off and cleaned them it just wont start i have lots of fire and compresssion but it wont go please help

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Are your plugs wet after you try starting it? If they are, you are getting fuel and it's probably a dirty carb issue.

If you pull the gas line off one of the carbs and pull the rope, gas should shoot out. If it is, pull the carbs apart again. If not, the fuel filter is plugged, fuel pump went out, or something in the tank could be plugging it.

Just to make sure, you did remove the jets and the needle and cleaned 'em up with carb cleaner correct? Not everyone knows you have to dig into them that far to actually clean them so I thought I would make sure.

·
Registered
741 Posts
like said above check your plugs and see if they are wet. if not pour gas down the spark plug holes to see if it atleast fires up

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
i had to rebuild the fuel pump in mine once. check to see if you are geting gas.. does yours have a primer on it?

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
What do you mean your pull cord is 3/4 of the way? If you mean 1/4 has been cut off, then yes and no. The only way it affects anything is that you don't get as many rotations per pull and since each compression builds heat making it easier for it to fire. The faster you pull it over and the more rotations you can get out of a pull, the easier it will start...granted I've had ropes pushing half their original length and it wasn't too bad.

It wouldn't even fire with a little gas down the cylinders?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no i dont know what to do all my friends are out sleding with out me case i cant get my to start and it sucks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts