Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having a prob with my sled...after tonight of riding it the idle will go from being its normal 2000 rpms to under 1000 and die....also when i am going down a trail every once in awhile it cuts out like ill be at 7000 rpms and then all dudden it drops to 5000 then back up to 7000 then back to 5000 etc. every now and then it will bog to.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
check all your plugs,wires,caps for any shorts in them you may all want to check all grounds on the sled also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check the battery, make sure it has a full charge. My sled did the same thing while riding at night and using the hot grips. I cleaned all my electrical connections and cleaned battery terminals, and then put the battery on a trickle charge and no more problems. RXL 650

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also, I took a test light and checked the tumb warmer, it was grounding out on the handle bars and my sled wasnt producing enough power to charge the battery and run my accessories. RXL 650

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill will check the ground wires...i didnt use the hand warmers...has brand new battery in it also...only used 3 times...about 5 hours on the battery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The rxl has a efi system that has the ability to cycle through codes that will tell you if something is wrong . Get a manual and read your codes. There is a light on the side of the engine control unit that will blink to tell you what the problem is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts