Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have been lookin at this '95 XLT sks for a while, it has 4500 miles, triple pipes, 125 compression across the board and all it needs are either a new set of rails, or weld the old ones. He was asking 600 bucks, I offered $400 he said he'd take it. Now i have it lined up, i can pay Jeff (ultrastud) his gas and he'll pick it up, BUT I am having troubles talking my parents into it. My mom was like "why do you need two sleds". I asked her "why do you need MORE then TWO horses" she was pretty quiet. Then i said "it'll be a project, and i have welding this semester so i might be able to weld the rails." She said she isn't sure about buying stuff over the internet without looking at it first, so i show her the pics of it, still no go.

So my question is anybody in the Marshall, MN area that would be willing to inspect it for me (without buying it)?

My rant is done.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i would try and have Jeff take a look at it first before buying it. pictures don't tell you if it actually runs.

good luck with convincing your parents.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Matt,

Perhaps your Mom has seen your Avatar, and understands more than we do...LOL

Projects unfinished are always Projects in progress.

Perhaps she wants you to buckle down in your school work and not mess with projects?

Mom knows best. Trust me. You have lots of time, when you get out on your own.

Good Luck.

Bulldog

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is Jeff is still 100 miles from it, so thats a problem. Its a killer deal i know, and i told my mom that i could part it out for over twice that, but still shes unsure.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Bulldog
[br]Matt,

Perhaps your Mom has seen your Avatar, and understands more than we do...LOL

Projects unfinished are always Projects in progress.

Perhaps she wants you to buckle down in your school work and not mess with projects?

Mom knows best. Trust me. You have lots of time, when you get out on your own.

Good Luck.

Bulldog
I suppose you got a point, but my brother was the first one to procrastinate on it, i just continued the legacy. But this is a pretty simple project.

·
Registered
700 Posts
i payed 50$ for a xlt a while back with a junk engine and am up to $150 profit even with me giving good deals on stuff. I sold the fox shocks for 50 and now i see them goin for 75 on e bay. I'd make sure the bottom end gets fixed on it if you intend to use it though. And if you ride hard buy some spare cranks and a box off berings.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
even welded rails end up snapping again, doesnt matter how good of a weld you have or who does it they always break. i had the same problem on my indy 440, i ended up getting replacement rails but if i were you id find an XTRA 10 for it cuz im pretty sure its just 96 and up that had XTRA i could be wrong tho. and you need a tig welder or a MIG set up to weld aluminum pretty sure you no but just checking.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by bundox4life
[br]even welded rails end up snapping again, doesnt matter how good of a weld you have or who does it they always break. i had the same problem on my indy 440, i ended up getting replacement rails but if i were you id find an XTRA 10 for it cuz im pretty sure its just 96 and up that had XTRA i could be wrong tho. and you need a tig welder or a MIG set up to weld aluminum pretty sure you no but just checking.
It's just the XC 100 or whatever its called. Yes the school has both welders.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i tryed convicing my parents to get a sled since i was like 12, but they never did till now 17 i had to buy my own

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
do what I did,have your mom(in my case my wife)hit a tree w/ your old sled and she will let you buy a new one out of guilt!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
i just go and buy them lol um up to 6 and i am only 17 they are older but cost me alot more than 400 tell her that lol

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Give me your phone # and let me call her. Trust me, it will work. 2 reasons - I'm good like that and sound like an adult. Second, she's going to laugh her arse off that some guy from the forums called her to talk her into letting her son buy the sled.

Bryan

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
How does this sound?? IF you stay away from Sam (LOL) I'll go scope it out on the weekend of the 4th, I'll be in Mankato delivering snowattitudes new toy and I'll just swing by marshall on the way home and snap a few more pics that you can show the parental units!!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
If she buys the horses it's none of your damn business why she needs two! Sheez! I woulda smacked my kid upside the head for sayin that.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Zcat600
[br]If she buys the horses it's none of your damn business why she needs two! Sheez! I woulda smacked my kid upside the head for sayin that.
Well.... she was trying to get at the point that i can't ride two sleds at the same time, and she can't ride her horses all at the same time. [}:)]

·
Registered
586 Posts
Originally posted by Zcat600
[br]If she buys the horses it's none of your damn business why she needs two! Sheez! I woulda smacked my kid upside the head for sayin that.
and he's buyin these sleds with his own money so does that mean he should smack his mother upside the head .. think not ... parents dont ALWAYS know best ... as for the rails ... if ur gonna keep it dont bother welding them ... make a project of it and update the suspension all together! :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Just tell her that you will let her take it for a spin, moms love sharing. The best thing that I can come up with is to do chores and stuff around the house and lend a hand with the horses, but you probably tried that already.[8D][B)] [Slap]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts