Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of dealing with the idiot merchants around these parts, so i'm trying to find parts online.What I'm looking for is a rear axle bearing kit with the seals and everything for my 1999 Yamaha Wolverine.
I've found a bearing here and a seal there ,but no complete kit anywhere(yet).Do you guys know of a good reputable company where I can find this stuff??[?]

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
where i live i just go to a industrial bearling place that suplys them to the michalin tire plants. give them the number and they bring in the bearings. i get them really cheep beacuse i know the district manager. and i just go to the honda/yamaha dealer and get the seals. and steve its my first fourwheeler. i owned trikes b4 this, ineed to replace the front wheel bearings do u know if theres seals up there? im wondering b4 i rip it apart. if theres seals im wating till after the run this weekend cuz the yamaha deal here is really shitty

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure, bur my neighbor has the same machine amd he's got the shop manual, so I'll look it up in the next couple days and get back to you.It may have sealed bearings instead of bearings & seals because of the cv shaft assembly.I'll get back to you on that.

·
Registered
352 Posts
try to see if there is a bearings type shop around....i know up here in alaska there is a place in anchorage and all i had to do was call them tell them i was looking for bearings for my Quadrunner and they looked it up on there computer and even had the seals.....so you might want to check that out too.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know of anything like that around these parts, but thanks for the idea.
OK, madd dog, I have the Yamaha Wolverine shop manual here, but unfortunately my girlfriend couldn't get the scanner to install, so I'll have to try to explain what I'm looking at here.From what I see here you have to remove the front wheel, axle nut, pin and washer,& rotor.Of course you have to remove the brake calliper and wire it up out of the way.Don't squeeze the brake while the calliper is off or you'll have a bear of a time spreading it to reassemble.After all that is out of the way you have to get the steering knuckle out.That houses the bearings ,seals and a spacer.If you know someone with a press, it would probobly make removing and replacing alot easier.
I don't know if this is gonna help you or not, but it's the best I can do for now.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
thanks man i apreciate it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I broke down and ordered the stuff I need from a local Yamaha dealer.I couldn't really find anything online that was more than a few cents cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts