Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard Tug Hills trails open on the 15th but wasn't completely sure if that was right or not. Do they open on the 15th? Is there a good amount of snow up there? What are the best areas to ride? A buddy of mine and I are thinking about going up next Friday if it will be worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i beileve the trails opened official this past weekend so you can ride its just whether or not the clubs have offcially begun grooming yet. Ik a couple clubs trails are open but they arent grooming yet. regardless if you go this early expect early season trail conditions with alot of water and mud

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^You're right about the water and mud but if there is good enough snow fall it might not be an issue. If there is some water and mud I'll put it in the back of the truck and head to the car wash.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Different parts of tug hill open different days. Some were the 1st, some were the 8th, the last are the 15th.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, I think I might head up that way next week. I'm gonna try and get my buddy to definately go with me.

·
Registered
695 Posts
old forge area opened the 1st northern tug opened up on the 8th and the southern part opens the 15th. As far as the snow goes, there is plenty around me there is upwards of 2.5 feet. and that should hold true for most of the tug, if your really concerned I would check the web cams of the areas you want to ride.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I called Montaque inn tonight they say tug is closed until the 13th?? I was supposed to go to snodeo but everyone says stay away from OF cause of shit snow??? I have 3 days off work anyone 100% of and area that has snow on tug hill and is open?? So many mixed messages from people would like an honest answer?? If you know an area is open can you tell me the area and club I don't know tug that well at all.

from what i know so far:

Camden area (montaque inn/loweville) closed until 13
Pulaski area closed untill 23
old forge open has ~14" of snow but it's all fluff and blows off the trails.
A few other clubs are saying their trails are not opening until after deer season.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are probably closing some trails because they are most likely in poor shape. That's always a big problem they open trails and guys start to flat out rip and with it being so early in the season it's probably all mud.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The seasonally maintained roads from constableville up through montegue are opened since this monday. The day after the last day of northern gun season. Private land trails i cannot speak for but you are good going up for this weekend. If there is snow this weekend will be in pretty much full swing on the main seasonally maintained roads. This has been one of the best weekends all year in the past but i doubt it will this year.

·
Registered
622 Posts
trails in OF are okay reports from people I know are uptheir today. some spots you need to slow down and go around stuff. they had put on ~30 miles today! OF is supposed to get more snow tonight and tomorrow night not a lot but a few inches. Sorry for spelling i am in a hurry to head up their now even if it's for only 30 miles of riding it's a start to my season!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts