Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently put on a DG can on my sled and i started out putting in 250 jets(it had 230s before) because it was running lean. then i put in 270s in and moved the needle up because it was too lean still. now on the bottom end i foul plugs and on the top end i run lean. what should i change?? also i think i have a sticky secondary too because it takes a while to backshift after i hit the gas so could that cause it to load up and foul plugs??

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
sounds odd. i don't know how just putting a can on would lean you out that much.

put the needles back down, adjust the main jets to run well at WOT and then worry about bottom end. if you're going up that much in main jets i doubt you'll need to raise the needles.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I put a dg can on my ultra and never had to do any of that. It was a simple bolt and go.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah the can will make little to no difference, except sound.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
it's possible for a can to lean it out slightly on the top end, but pretty much not enough to change jets. maybe you should start looking for something else wrong. or maybe you're reading the symptoms wrong?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i agree that it shouldnt lean out that much but after riding at 3/4 throttle for a mile i stop, check the plugs and they are a really light tan. and that is after raising the needles and putting in bigger jets. so what can i do to make it run right on the top end?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
unless you are absolutely sure that everything else about your motor is healthy, i'd say put the stock silencer back on, stock jetting and needle positions and see how it runs. basically systematically go through and make sure the only variable is that can. it really makes no sense that you'd have to go up 4 or more jet sizes just for a can. that's the kind of thing you do for pipes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts