Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I had my sled out on the lake the other weekend and got her tuned in (ran great), So I take it out 2 days ago and I fire it up, runs fine idles at 1600RPM I give it some gas and it kind of sputters, but its still cold so nothing new, I take it down the road 4500-5500 RPM and its popping and sputtering like hell even stalled once I had to keep half chocking when it would sputter, It would sputter, pop, sputter, pop. Once I got to the lake and got it over 6000RPM it was fine pull crazy hard. When decelerating it sometimes would pop. Plugs are tan perfect burn no carbon deposits. I am also experiencing a burble at 5000-5700RPM sometimes you can feel the power change sometimes you can just hear it burble???????????????????????????????????????????? WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK I AM CLUELESS AT THIS POINT. ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIEATED

SLED:
1998 700 XC
Hot Seat head
Boost bottle
SLP can
BR9ES (solid)
Premium Fuel
#40 Pilots
1371G middle clips
1 1/2-Air screw
182/182 main jets
Both plugs look identical
5500 miles.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
You do realize that the poping is very damaging to the reeds.

Was it not warmed up enough? When I had mine it was aleast a 10-15 minute warm up when the temps were in the teens.

I ran 180 jets in mine all the time.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I prolly could of let her wharm up a bit longer but when I would let it wharm up in the past it would LOAD UP SO BAD so I dont let her idle to long.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I would do an ignition check and see if your coils are bad or something, it sounds like maybe an intermitten spark. Also, try and get that thing so you are not affraid to let it warm up.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I am going to let her warm up good today, then check plugs to see how bad/quick if at all it loads up I got a whole box (10) plugs with the solid terminal, I just wanted to hear everyones .02

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
The needles you are using, are they the updated ones polaris used late 98 or different ones.

I never had a loading up issue with mine. I changed to 180 mains and left everything else stock, other than the HSP head and a primer.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the needles are to lean out the mid range a little, the stockers are 1368G

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
See I ran 1368G's and I didn't have rich mid range. Is it lean in the mid range,

Usually they make the popping noise when lean.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmmmmm....I might have to try the stcok needles! lets say middle clip if thats rich go to the 2nd clip to lean ??

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
What ever stock was. I don't know as I never dug that far in to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts