Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99 XCR 700, that's pretty much stock other then an oil pump block off, predator 1.25/136 track, htg pipes, and a DG can with vf3 reeds removed sway bar, and other things like bars, and grips. My question is i'm fairly tall for a girl, and so i have 6" risers with flat bars, i know the XCR suspension is set up more for lakes, rather then the twisty trails. I'm 160 pounds, and the rear suspension is just too stiff for me. Alot of people had said that i should re valve my shocks, all the way around. my sled has 3400 miles on it, and could probably use it i've talked to JB on the subject. What other steps could i take. i'm not the best on tuning the rear skid. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Have you played with spring tension preload at all?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not really, i tore my rotator cuff kayaking, and had surgery a couple weeks ago, so i'm taking it easy, the work that needs to be done, i have to hire someone to do, because i'm ordered not to do any lifting/pulling, or wrenching for quite some time. my buddy said he'd 'give me a shoulder to use' though so i have minimal help. Some is better then none huh?

·
Registered
506 Posts
they can be revalved but if you really want to get a good ride then swap in an edge skid. The XCR valving is very stiff for trail use. You could also think about a pps1

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, the edge skid is a little out of my price range right now. maybe for next season, as seeing how i've invested in rail extensions, and torsion springs, already, and so i'd like to get a season of use anyway. What about a different valve stack? i'm looking for a decent trail sled.

·
Registered
506 Posts
single stage or 2 stage is decided based on your riding and typically determined after having a talk with the shock rebuilder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts