Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done the UFOs on the 98 XCR 440? If so, do they work as advertised, what did you end up with for jetting, and was it worth the effort?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
NickJ has them on his 99 GenII "same engine" Not sure if he got out for run yet on it but on the stand he said he noticed a differece. I think he also has a temp-a-flow installed. He said the directions are pretty straight forward and simple to do. I don't think it really puts the jetting off, only to drop the pilot half the size.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
i read up alot about them and decided the work involved was not worth it, would rather spend money on reeds 1st.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Ya I got them in, but still dont have them tuned quite right. Jetting looks perfect and runs good from idle on up, but my mains are way too rich. I want to swap back down to the 360s and go from there. I was also lean in midrange (possibly, hard to tell, new plugs always read light, but better safe then sorry till i get some miles on them)even after raising the needle a notch. I am now on the very bottom setting, and getting that nice light cardboard brown from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle runs. I have heard though that if you are on the bottom most notch its time to move to a bigger needle?

On WOT runs across the lake, right around 1 mile, my plugs are a little dark but soaking wet. Everything but WOT they are dry and perfect color. This is with the tempaflow leaned out a bit too. I will probably switch back to the 360s, I have 370s in there now. Like i said though, I would have had this all figured out for ya guys but lack of snow really puts a damper on things around here.

My jetting may be a little on the rich side when done, but it should be good for someone who doesnt want to be changing jets all the time. With the tempaflow I will be able to lean it out some there to get it spot on, but it should still be pretty good.

I think I will end up with

25 Pilots
1.5 turns on airscrew
needle in bottom (possibly 1 up) setting
360 mains (stock)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts