Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 XC 700 45th anniversary edition sled and I am looking into extending the tunnel and rails to fit a longer track on it. Can anybody throw in some advice on track length or basically ANYTHING you know about doing this. Is it pretty easy to do? All information is appreciated.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Go to tracksusa.com . That is where I got the stuff to do my 121 to 144 extension. They some times have package deals. They make a product. It is not a hard project to do if you have about a day to do it, and know how to take your track out. Where in rockford do you live? My dad lives in rockford and belongs to sled club in town.[attachment=58013]
[attachment=52686]
[attachment=55497]

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like the look of your sled, I live in Autum Oaks, where does your dad live?? Hey another question for you, my sled has the electronic shock adjustment for the rear shock will that be affected with a longer track? What length do you think I should go with?

·
Registered
227 Posts
The lenth is all up to you. If you going to ride trails omre than off trail, I go with 136", If you going out west, 144", My dad lives in Autum Oaks also. What a small world. I go to his house alot. The electronic shock adjustment should not be a problem. It just means you have to unhook it when you pull the track out. The rail and track should not change anything with the suspension.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow you are right this is a small world. If you don't mind me asking what is your dad's name, maybe I know him? Yeah I dont plan on going out west so if I do go with a longer track it would probably be the 136. Sorry I have so many questions about this but I have never done anything liek this...what would you reccomend for paddle length? I will mostly be doing trail riding so I won't need anything real big. Do I have to worry about a new track rubbing or hitting anything within the tunnel or anypalce else.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Do you have coolers that run the length of tunnel inside of the tunnel? If you do you can more than like use a 1.5" track, or 1.25". I think the 1.25 would be your best buy. You can still stud a 1.25 if you want.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know about he coolers I would have to check, I would have to go with the 1.25 then because I have 196 picks now and I love hookin up and going.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you are going to do this, I would replace the driveshaft bearings and seals also. You have to take the driveshaft out anyway so why not. With that many studs(196), what size carbides do you run? My dads name is Barry.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I run 8's, It is nice man I hook up and I am gone. I am either goin to do this extension on this sled or else I am going to find a newer one. I would like to sell mine and get one like yours or else an 800. My dad had an 02 xc edge 800 and I loved that thing.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Before I extended mine, I had 96 studs and 9" of carbide on the skis. It would go through corners like it was on rails. I miss that. I can't stud the 2" paddle track I got, But I plan on going out west more. The edge chassis is really nice, if you ride on the agressive side. The ski-doo rev chassis also rides very nice.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm a polaris guy so I would buy the edge before the ski doo but price wise would they be about the same? Yeah I love my studs that's for sure, my dad just bought a 06 900 switchback and it doesn't have studs and that is the first thing he noticed because his 800 had studs so it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the switchback studed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry it took so long to get back,(computer problems). I am a polaris guy too, but I the ridden a few revs and they are nice. I rode a 2006 fusion 600, didn't like the handling of that sled, maybe it was the way it was set up. I have not rode the 07's yet, I have heard that the new IQ chassis is a better chassis then the fusion. As for the prices, the doos are a little high then then polaris's

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The price is another thing I like about the polaris. You don't have to pay out your ass for a sled and they are pretty dang reliable. I am trying to sell my sled and it is going to be tough. It only has about 600 miles on it but it is a 2000 so nobody wants it. If I could get rid of that one then I would be all over an edge. As for the long response don't worry bout it you got to love those computers[:D]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts