Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get very poor gas milage to my sled, less than 130 per 10 gallons. I noticed that mountain sleds have tunnel extensions on their sleds and often store extra fuel there, I'm wondering, does anyone have plans for making a tunnel extension? I have a MIG welder, brake, and tools at my shop to do the job, I'm just wondering if anyone has done this before?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
imm thats not poor. thats what most ppl i know of get. i get about between 90 and 110 miles per tank depends on my driving

·
Registered
711 Posts
on my 2000 arctic cat zl 500 i only get maby 90 miles to a 12 galon tank trail riding.
I would say your are getting pretty good mileage.

·
Registered
777 Posts
you don,t need a ext.
13 mpg to a u.s. gallon ,thats great milage

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
yup, my powder special 600 with a 136" track only got about 100 miles if that to 11 galon tank...

·
Registered
187 Posts
You want poor gas mileage take out my 73 tx 440 free air for a ride and see how often your looking for a gas station hahaha

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I wish I got that kind of mileage. Never seen better than 10 mpg.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, I didn't know that was average gas milage, I'm used to getting like 30 miles per gallon on my motorcycle, so I didn't know what to expect, I knew it would be low casue the the track and the resistance of the snow, ok then, thanks alot everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts