Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i have to drop my track to put tunnel protecters on my ski-doo mxz600 2002 and if so is this something i can do or do i have to take it in to the shop i havent hade much experience with tracks but i have done a few motor swaps and stuff like that before just wondering how difficult of a job this is any imput would be great thanx guys

·
Registered
127 Posts
I used new inserts for the rear heat exchanger,just remove flap and slide stock ones and and taller ones in.
Rich

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
u mean slide the old ones out and put taller ones in can i get these taller ones at my dealer then

·
Registered
412 Posts
I had my 99 Form. Dlx. picked at the dealer and they lowered it for me. If you have the time and place to do it yourself, it's not that big a job.

To lower the track they just drilled new bolt holes in the tunnel about an inch lower than the existing ones on the top back shaft. Just rebolt the shaft at the lowered holes. I've had the track off myself a few times since and it's not that hard. Good luck!

·
Registered
127 Posts
When you look in there,they look almost like a hyfax.Just spread ou the ends of the grooves and slide the old ones out.You then cut the new ones the same lenght and slide them in and picnh the grooves closed on the end.Easy,hardes part is riviting the flap back on.
Rich

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx a ton guys that makes sense i have seen the oem ones on there and it looks prety easy i have to take the snow flap off anyways cause i got a yellow one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts