Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone know if there are any aftermarket providers for tunnel reenforcements? I have a '95 indy 500. And like to stand up alot, and i stand on one side trying to do the side hill thing in the deep powder. And i weigh about 190 lb. I don't jump tho. Do i have a chance at bending the tunnel, or running boards? They probably make them for edge, but not evolved lol, i still love my sled.

AKA, indy500 or XCR800_has_balls

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I have tunnel reinforcements on my Indy chassis sled (98 XCR 440 SP) and I'm sure they would work fine on an evolved chassis, as the tunnel is pretty much exactly the same (I dunno about riveting through the running board as that's where your heat exchangers are)

I don't think you really need them though, I could be wrong.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Hey P500
I myself would like to do the same thing to my 99 500 XC.
Go to Hot Seat Performance, they go the goods.

http://www.hotseatperformance.com/psp/showdetl.cfm?&DID=29&Product_ID=2275&CATID=81

These are made for Edge, Gen2 and Standard chassis'.

BTW- Anybody know where I can get these in Canada.

Kev.

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I know they make them, and they do help a lot. Our 600 and 800 Adrenaline both don't have them, and the running boards are a little bit bent (we ride hard), and our X has them, and the running boards are perfect. It is newer, but still, I think they help quite a bit.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the heat exchanges are under the running boards. I like to get off to one side on my sled. Like when goign through powder. Like sidehilling. I was thinking with all my weight (190 lb) that they might bend. Anyone else thing they might?

AKA, indy500 or XCR800_has_balls

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I had driven my dad's 95 Trail last year standing on onlyone running board and it never bent and I weigh about 235.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts