Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...there is a turbo kit for the 1991 polaris indy 500...i have seen it on a sled...i was just wondering if anybody knows where i can get one and how much its going to cost Thanks...

Taylor

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Here is the most widely known maker. I didn't see your sled listed, but you can check with them.

http://www.aerocharger.com/snowone.htm

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks for the website.....it looks like its going to be an expensive upgrade...
i might not be adding turbo to my sled...bahahahah

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I'm with 2000TCMC on this one, for the money it would take to get that on your sled, you could damn near by a new one....around $5000 US after all said and done, coming from people who have done them on other sleds...

·
Registered
442 Posts
NO F'IN WAY.. A TURBOCHARGER FOR A F'IN SLED.. "INSANE"..
300 HORSE ON A SLED.. SOMEBODY HAVE A DEATH-WISH OR SOMETHING? lol

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
That always makes me mad when people want to put a crazy amount of work/money into their old sled thats not worth much when you can buy a new on with better susp and power for less money..Even if you fix a old one up you will never get your moneys worth out of it.. just my 2 cents "and im not refering to you Fassell man, your sled is sweet"

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
waste of money IMO

·
Registered
442 Posts
Why will you not get your money out of it?
You guys don't think it would be kool to go 80+mph in a 18+ year-old sled?
I think that would be awesome! Beatin the crap outta new sleds? Totaly awesome!
My friends has a Sno-Jet 440 f/a that goes about 90.. don't know what/how he did.. but he did it *good*!

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Originally posted by 81_JAG
[br]Why will you not get your money out of it?
You put 5 grand into a old sled tring to fix it up nice and tring to find performance parts for it,and when it comes time to resell it you will never get out of it what you put into it.. Its a old sled when you start and it will still be a old sled when you done with it..unless it has some other sort of value to you I wouldnt bother.. but thats just my opinion..

·
Registered
442 Posts
So you don't think it would be kool to drive a 20+ year-old sled, and kick the crap outta a brand new one? Or even a 90's one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put a turbo on my mach z which was off an audi 5000 and so far it works great all for approx. $1000.00 cnd. I also here that a cummins turbo will also work though it is not water cooled. You must buy an electric fuel pump to circulate the oil for turbo and convert your oil injection res. for lubrication.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
well when u got the money to buy stuff liek that from aero u usily dont have to worry about money cuz u got tomuch money not enough brains[:D]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
it is still a waste of money, riding a 20+ year old sled going 80 is a helluva ride with no suspension...i will stick to staying mainly stock with a few mods, nothing crazy, alot easier to sell and will last longer

·
Registered
442 Posts
It wouldn't be *that* bad of a ride, would it? My '81 JAG should be a decent ride..

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
81 jag, have you ever rode a new sled??? Theirs not even a comparison when it comes to the old vs new susp... My sled is a 99 and my susp is even outdated compared to the new susp "prox and X2 susp"..

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
prolly ride as good as my old big red

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have rode my friends 97 Polaris INDY 500..
not bad..
havn't ridden my JAG yet.. don't know what to expect.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
it will be alot rougher than the 97

·
Registered
815 Posts
I really think most people who modify old sleds don't care much for the new sleds of today, no matter how well the news one compare...Look at all the people in the world who love to restore and modify old cars?...sure they have no comparison to the newer, faster, and more reliable cars of today....but they are fun...and isn't that all that matters?....thats why we began snowmobiling...because its a blast to do....if modifying an older sled blows your hair back...then I say go for it...be original

1 - 20 of 67 Posts