Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
LoL lets not bash this person now... But I will agree... Turbo a srx 700. Now why would you want to do this? Turbo's are more designed for 4 stroke motors, I don't think they even make them for 2 strokes except 2 stroke diesels, but proove me wrong. There are other cheaper ways you could get more power out of an Srx. the question is, how much more do you need? The thing is deadly as is, I'm guessing you're looking for a higher top speed for drag racing perhaps? I sure wouldn't do it if it was possible. Waste of money, and ruining a good sled.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Nice way to welcome a new member.
There are turbo kits available. Alittle on the pricey side.
These guys would have it.
http://www.simonscpr.com/

·
Registered
477 Posts
turbos for two strokes have been around for a long time. I think that would be pretty sweet to turbo a srx

·
Registered
304 Posts
check out firstchoiceturbo.com My good friend has built several 670 rotax turbos and they fly. In fact, they are down right scary. The guys are right about one thing though, they are very pricey I'm thinking it is around 6 k U.S. and it is by no means a "drop in kit" you need to weld the bottom ring gap closed, Custom fab boost and egt gages and pods, Fuel pump, battery, the list goes on. it's a big job. If I had endless cash, I would turbo my sled just cause they are near untouchable in the mountains.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Instead of why, you should ask why not?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have had many "Ideas" floating around in my head in the past with running a supercharger on my SRX. I would pull the power off of our belt drive. Would be pretty sweet but I don't have the cash for a turbine.

Belt Drive
[attachment=30751]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
What would you use for the turbo oil line? or do you just use one with ceramic bearings?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
M7 with a turbo...
http://www.boondockers.com/site.htm

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
yes there are quite a few two stroke turbos out now. but for an srx u are not going to find a kit for it u will need to build one fromm the ground up yourself or get a professional to custom install. personnaly think turbos for trail sleds are for a waste the main point of a turbo is to compress air into the engine so u don't lose power at high altitudes. u don't need 200+hp jsut to ride trails

1 - 14 of 14 Posts