Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I had my first ever ride in a turbocharged car today. it was a '90 MX-6 with a factory turbo. all I have to say is... WOW.

no need to downshift for passing or anything, just step on it, the turbo spools and you're gone. given speed and acceleration, I dno't think it really had any more bottom end performance than my truck, but... wow it felt fast, which when yer in need of a speed thrill, is what counts.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Turbo's are trully wonderful, if only more cars would get them. Not only do you get more torque and power, but in mild states of tune, they provide better efficiency than naturally aspirated engines.
The MX-6 turbo is a somewhat rare car, but they only put out about 150 hp. I like the Mitsubishi 2.0 turbo engines. They're cheap to buy, come stock at over 200 hp, and easily take mods.

Now I hear Polaris has there turbo charged twin cylinder 4-stroker in a PWC for testing. I really hope that engine ends up in a snowmobile too. That would be exciting.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
this guy i know was tellin me that when he was a kid he had powerful cars that could spin tires, so he did that and had something to brag about, he drove around tearin it up w/ his car and drinkin beer........now no cars come w/ enough power to spin tires.....so he had to get into good sound systems.....lol

i love them cars that stick u to the back of ur seat, wish mine did.....

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yeah I have a couple buddies that brag about how they had there corvets in highschool. One guy because he worked his ass off... the other because his dad owns a trucking company and the only way he could a afford it was because they covered the insurance. the second guy droped a V8 350hp in to his vet. Image the insurance on an 18 year old with a vet. That had to be huge. Anyway, he used to just drive around doin smoke shows. lol

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
837 Posts
turbos are very good power adders, but the main problem is turbo leg, on our TT the turbo starts kicking is right at 3000, butr if you are below that and step on it there can be a long delay untill it gets to 3000, but once there, hold on cus it goes, but if i had a choice i would take a naturally asperated motor with the same horse power, because when you hit it, it goes

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
yah guys i feel cool cruising around town in my front wheel drive 1997 olds cutlass supreme SL......haha....if you really feel like it......hit the gas to the floor and she might peel out.......sometimes she doesnt quite make it though......but hey...what gets me around gets me around...

ARTIC CAT....my way to play

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
there are a bunch of kids that whenever it rains they hang out at the local hang out and spin their tires. They do it for one reason, me :). I came in there one night with my truck and did I think 3 power brakes. I just sat and spewed smoke. Ever since then all these kids in cars with no power go out in big puddles and stop on the gas to hear the tires chirp. Its pretty funny really. At least my truck can do that on dry pavement too :).

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
? are you asking if I was just spinning one? Cause yes, big time. My truck never ever pulls posi. Sad really. Soon as I have the extra cash gonna put in a Locker. No limited slip or anything a true locker.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
quite the feeling man, never thought there was such a thing as a car with power... guess I got proven wrong, still not a sled, but hey, for something that goes on 4 wheels it does pretty good, inspired me to go pick up a camaro actually.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Grand National and Turbo Trans Am. They both came with the same setup but all my work has been done by Garrnett Turbo. If you want more low end power maybe you should change the computer in it. Thats a good start and cheap. Or run more boost with a bigger turbo and have a knock sensor to retard so you dont have denationsion and cause some damage in the pistions.

Justin Jarmus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts