Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, if any of you know where Bear Lake(biggest lake in west, Utah) is, you know how big it is.

Last year a guy I know when from the north side to the south side on his sled (20 miles)

These are some of the things he has done to his sled,

Created a secondary clutch cover out of thin aluminum, riveted it on(sealed the whole thing with silicone, and welded where needed to make a sort of triangular cover over the whole left side of his sled. (rides with no hood over water)

He also found that his sled started to run very hot, so implemented a custom radiator system. on top of this he made his own bilge pump to pump out any water that happens to collect on the bottom of the bellypan.

He also had a 50 gallon water bucket tied on to the rear in case he sunk it(he could tow it back to shore with the boat that was following him) and also had a 50ft rope that he could pull with a 2 liter Bottle attached to it incase he sunk it.

I have been modding my 800 stock sled to make it the same as his (summit 2001 800 High mark). One other thing i have been looking at doing is the same thing they do on Jetskis, they have the airintake come in from the sides of the handlebars.

On top of this i have found its easier to control if you use Simmons Flex-ski's to maintain better control. I'm also thinking of making my own custom Foam seat that is floatable to replace the stock seat.

I'm up for any suggestions, i've only been waterskipping for 3 seasons, and that is only for about 1000ft long once or twice, no mods made, running without the hood on. It seems like to me, the Summit (ZX)design keeps the water out pretty good.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Sounds sweet, I guess kepping the water out of the engine compartment is the biggest thing,they should make something like those inflatiable ruber rafts that you just pull the cord and it inflats in seconds so if u know you are starting to sink u can pull the cord so u dont sink to the bottom..Hey its a idea..

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ive been racing watercross for three years now. Just a warning the zx chassie is not a favorite of the racers, it has some serious issuses with the clutch cover on the belly pan, and they dont take waves to well, in lamen terms they sink really easy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? Never had a problem with mine, and i've skipped some pretty big water the last 4 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts