Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start making plans people. What is the central location for a ride of some sort to take place. When is a good weekend. Need accomidations, etc...if anyone wants a ride we should start planning early.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
well im there at your house. [:D] me and p-man started kinda planning our own personal trip with you involved erick but hell lets make a group ride out of it

let us know

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I would say northern MN, WI or the UP of MI is probably the most central. I think most of us are from the mid west...

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Any of the places Darkstar listed would work out good for me. It would really be awsome to have a group ride so hopefully if we get this planned early and planned out well it will work out.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
That's a good Idea Grinch.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
very good idea grinch, just find a location where someone has a computer with internet so a representative can post pics each day.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
yeah. I would say northern MN less people than the UP. Isabella area ROCKS, and the forest roads are fast and desolate. That's my 2 cents. Dan at www.knottedpine.com is a good guy, they got a little bar there and cabins that are 60something I night i think? There is a group discount there also. Another thing, what date works good. I say early january for me, since that is between semesters at collge. Like 2nd week or so?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
ripperds idea works for me, that area is awesome, we usually stay at crooked lake resort which is next to the tresle inn bar. this place is in the middle of nowhere, its awesome, talk about gods country, and the trails are unbelievable( when there is snow of course)[:)]

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I dunno how far I could go. I'll let others make suggestions.

I know a bunch of us ppl from Manitoba wanna meet up sometime this winter. I only wanna go to a place in the USA after February 13th cuz then I'll be 21 [:D]

·
Registered
366 Posts
i'm up for a ride but not sure how far i'd go for it ? MB is fine. hmmmm?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
what does 21 have to do with anything. you can still drink in your cabin :) I won't be 21 till may anyway.

RE: the trestle. I spend spring break there last year, it was a blast. I got the nickname "lucky water" cause I always drank water with my meals. We parked an RV at the crooked lake resort and had power and everything, it was sweet. Just gave them some dough and they were cool. That area is really nice. Pray for snow!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I would be totatlly game for a ride in isabella, i havent been there to ride sleds before, but it would also need to be anytime after Jan 18th. I will be in the UP Jan 11-18.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ok, we need a western ride too.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Count me in for a ride [;)] Mid Jan works for me as well.. Ripperd is that the only resort in the area.. I used to go up there deer and grouse hunting when I was a kid.. 15 years ago now [:(] used to see a lot of moose as well.. A small resort in a rural area with a lot of sledders paying good money.. no problem if your not 21!!!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Originally posted by arctic-cat-guy
[br]very good idea grinch, just find a location where someone has a computer with internet so a representative can post pics each day.
ACG - I got it covered - I have a laptop with remote dial in #'s including an 800 number for very remote areas- have a digital as well.. 56k blows though!!!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
A little snow and we all get excited then it melts and we let this idea die??? Lets pick a place and date and book this thing!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts